Rogue builds

-Masqu3-

Veteran X
This is my gankin' bitch. I just wanna run around and destroy allies. Any build info would be great. I'm too use to my priest, and I know nothing about rogues.

My preference is the build below. I'm still doing instances so I still carry Imp Sap. It is proving to be fun in PvP as well, interestingly enough, as I seem to run into teams of Horde that need to be rolled so I may end up hanging on to it later. If not, the second link is where I'll probably put the Imp Sap points.

With Imp Sap: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Without it: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I am most definitely not an "expert" at rogues; these builds come from my personal preferences/skills I find I like having.

:shrug:

If all you're doing is ganking/pvp, and aren't worried about pve, I'd go with a 30/0/31 Seal Fate/Premed build (if you're using daggers). I don't think there's a build out there that can touch the burst damage of this one.

Premed -> Ambush -> CB Eviscerate -> Backstab is going to hurt a lot. If your Ambush doesn't crit and Initiative doesn't proc, just throw a Backstab in there before the Evis.

It doesn't have the control of a Mutilate or Hemo build, but also doesn't leave you hanging after the opener like Shadowstep does.

I pvp and pve an equal amount, so I'm 42/0/19.

If all you're doing is ganking/pvp, and aren't worried about pve, I'd go with a 30/0/31 Seal Fate/Premed build (if you're using daggers). I don't think there's a build out there that can touch the burst damage of this one.

Premed -> Ambush -> CB Eviscerate -> Backstab is going to hurt a lot. If your Ambush doesn't crit and Initiative doesn't proc, just throw a Backstab in there before the Evis.

It doesn't have the control of a Mutilate or Hemo build, but also doesn't leave you hanging after the opener like Shadowstep does.

I pvp and pve an equal amount, so I'm 42/0/19.

ohhh link to armory for both?

This is my gankin' bitch. I just wanna run around and destroy allies. Any build info would be great. I'm too use to my priest, and I know nothing about rogues.
If all you want to do is gank, 30/0/31 is hands down the best build to do it. It excels at ganking, battleground PvP, and 2v2 or 3v3 arena if you want to do that.

It especially shines in ganking and battlegrounds though.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (hemo there for a good, low-energy, non-positional CP generator)

[Premed -> Ambush -> CB eviscerate -> Backstab] will be enough to kill (or severely wound) 95% of cloth wearers you encounter. It's the most reliable and consistent burst damage in the game.

i just got my gloves today :[ i still had green gloves so, plus i heard the equip bonus was annoying the fuck out of casters :p put a 7 agi on it..new server so we wont have 15, 14 or something more agi til 700 ~_~

Got my two gladiator weaps already. Wishing blizzard would announce whether or not the gear is being updated next season or not. If not, I'll probably buy the thrown weap, then helm, then chest, and then finally shoulders. Legs blow compared to the midnight legguards that I have now, and gloves are almost identical to the blue HWL ones. If gear is being upgraded, I'll most likely just save the rest of my pts.

Got my two gladiator weaps already. Wishing blizzard would announce whether or not the gear is being updated next season or not. If not, I'll probably buy the thrown weap, then helm, then chest, and then finally shoulders. Legs blow compared to the midnight legguards that I have now, and gloves are almost identical to the blue HWL ones. If gear is being upgraded, I'll most likely just save the rest of my pts.

Gladiator epic that's on part with rare HWL? That sounds a little odd, but then they may be trying to avoid pricing the items less as they did when the Honor system first went to currency (people spent one weekend PvPing and managed to get the two lvl 60 epic weapons)

But you have to consider how they intend the Gladiator gear to work. Do they want it to be exclusively for PvP and dump any PvE bonuses, or as a supplement to raiding gear?

any tips for a lvl 60 leveling build?

i havent touched my rogue in ages and could use some tips.

Leveling in outlands is incredibly easy. Just do the quests in each area - when you run out of quests, move to the next. Hit each instance in each area at least a couple times for drops, but some quest rewards are great in their own right.

There are so many quests in outlands that there is no real need for a "leveling guide". Some areas you'll have over 30 quests to do. It's even faster if you have a lot of rest saved up, I had about a week of rest when I was in the low 60s, and I never saw the end marker for it all the way to 70.

Leveling in outlands is incredibly easy. Just do the quests in each area - when you run out of quests, move to the next. Hit each instance in each area at least a couple times for drops, but some quest rewards are great in their own right.

There are so many quests in outlands that there is no real need for a "leveling guide". Some areas you'll have over 30 quests to do. It's even faster if you have a lot of rest saved up, I had about a week of rest when I was in the low 60s, and I never saw the end marker for it all the way to 70.

yea... i get that part :)

ive leveled to 70 twice now. that's not the issue.

i want a good BUILD for a lvl 60 rogue, to level.

Back