[t1] no damage flash

If it's anything like T2 it's part of GameRenderFilters. You can modify the .exe, the functions used to render the effect, create a screen sized GUI control to overlay the PlayGui, or place a 1x1 duplicate GameTSCtrl object somewhere on the screen and make it visible. Just about all of those methods would get rid of whiteout, damage flash, blackout, lava and underwater haze, etc.

Serverside, just remove the Player::setDamageFlash(.. line in Player::eek:nDamage().
Clientside, I'm pretty sure an exe hack would be the only way. :-|

I agree that it's a good effect to have as a capper

However while chasing I rather disregard the red screen when damaged and focus on the target

Have it look like it does in T:V when you get damaged, that way it's not all in your way and you still have red on the outside of your screen.

[meph]DooM! said:
It sounds like a good idea until you try it, playing with no feedback when you're damaged is extremely disorienting.

Perhaps but XML's idea is a good one. Just make the flash occur on the outer edges like T:V. Maybe 2 inches thinck or so all around the border.

[meph]DooM! said:
It sounds like a good idea until you try it, playing with no feedback when you're damaged is extremely disorienting.
I play without it in T2. I can still hear myself getting hurt. :shrug:

yeah either on the outer borders or, tone it down as easytarget said. Sometimes when being whored.. it's hard to see where to pass to =p

I had one once.... but.. it was some kind of a walkhack for CS i think that made it do that... no red when hit :) lol but oh well been a longtime guys... whats going on?

Back