[T1] .DTS File Viewer.

ManyLith

Veteran XV
Is there a Program that will let you View a Tribes 1 DTS file strait out of a Tribes .VOL file? Not talking about Max3d or anything like that, just a small program that lets you open up a DTS file and view it. I thought Andrew had one with his PBA/BMP viewer Program. Well thanks ahead of time.

not out of a vol file but there´s something like that when you have the dts.
i m not very sure if it will please your needs.

Check my sig, i think it´s in the tribes source media file. The file should be arround 10 mb

manylith, i really have no idea what you are doing all day. You´ve been asking things about the essential routines of scripting for a half year or more now. If you would just sit down a day or two and look how those things really work you could easily solve those stuff on your own. You seem to fiddle arround in Tribes a lot so i don´t think you can´t spent the little time to learn some basics.
It´s no miracle. Data flows through functions, become redirected (e.g events) and end up in huds so you can see them. Especially when you have a working script like this viking script you should inspect it, find out that it mainly relies on killtrack and compare it to presto and see how you can make it compartible to it aka rewrite it.

Start by modifying a script that has works similar to what you want and already works on Presto, i´m sure there´s a script that does display something when somebody is killed. Approaching from that pov your filter hud is almost done.

My personal suggestion would be to make anything else to work with Viking/andrew/etc. pp. instead of doing a step backwards to presto and doing it vice versa.

Last edited:
I completely understand what your saying GreyHound. I should just sit down and look at them and try to understand what that do and how they do it.

I would go to viking but i have a Config that i like alot and all the scripts are for Presto. So it would take long to go to Viking then to stay on Presto.

ManyLith said:
I completely understand what your saying GreyHound. I should just sit down and look at them and try to understand what that do and how they do it.

I would go to viking but i have a Config that i like alot and all the scripts are for Presto. So it would take long to go to Viking then to stay on Presto.
Nothing to teach you scripting better than porting your config from Presto to Viking. Been there.

Well, guys thanks alot and i am going to give this a go but if i get stuck would you guys ming helping me out a little bit?

beeing stuck is no crime, as long as you show you actually tried to solve it and still failed ppl aren´t so pissed anymore. But it just sucks if somebody asks stuff when it´s obvious that he didn´t even try to solve it on it´s own.

GreyHound said:
Check my sig, i think it´s in the tribes source media file. The file should be arround 10 mb

that is one useful sig link there, man, found a good bit of stuff i'd been looking for -- thanks!

Well, think what you want. But the reason i wanted to know if there was one, was because i was trying out different things with the Disc Shots...Like Some People use the Disc Ammo as a Disc. i was trying other things and i got tired of renameing one then going into the game and seeing it then doing that over and over. But think what ever you want to guys.

ManyLith said:
I just got bored so i decided to cheat... it's too bad i'm a retard and couldn't install nofix's bypass correctly without asking for help... then i got caught cheating by the twl with 140some counts of using the bypass...

fuck man, if you're bored, go outside and fuck the first bitch you see. even if it's only your dad. hahah

Back