[T1] Skinning problem

I've got a problem with an armor skinset I've made, where the skin appears perfectly in the preview pane, but doesn't show up at all in-game. I've chosen to use personal skins on the server, and all my other skins are fine when I do.

I used the skin tools downloaded from FilePlanet and have loaded the PAL3 palette in photoshop, saved the skin as a 256x256 8 bit windows BMP, then used a batch file to makeskin them and vol them up. I get no errors when I do this, so I'm totally stumped.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem would be appreciated!

Hudbot gives me a massive fps hit unfortunately :(

I designed the whole skinset using the player setup screen, switching to a config with NewInterface installed so I could see the different armours. It's only when I join a server that I can't see the skins... my other custom skins work fine though.

Thanks guys, I've figured out what the problem is now. A bit annoying really, since I remember exactly the same thing happening last time I made skins.

It turns out that if you put an underscore in the filename the skin will display in the player preview panel but not in-game. I removed the underscores and now they work perfectly. :)

Here ye go :)

skins.jpg

Back