the lawsuit is coming soon project z fags

i don't think they could sue for skiing, as skiing has been in other games such as Enemy Territory Quake Wars, Legions, Titanfall

Dare also thinks Archetype studios is going to get sued for using flags and inventory stations.

durr.gif

game mechanics can be patented

stupid shit from tribes has already been patented look it up

they dont need to patent anything to have a significant similarity case

i already posted a video of a lawyer that specializes in cases like this with video games explaining this

the point is not that theyll win but that they can bleed archetype fags out

im sick of explaining this over and over again so feel free to make a hug box thread where u agree with other idiots about stuff that isnt factual

If you look at the mobile game space you can get away with a lot. Judges will look at "brand confusion" to determine damages.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

if u look at games like poe to diablo and other endless games that have copied eachother in many ways, mostly all they do is change the names of the things they copy and put their own small spin on them.. some of the stuff is almost an exact copy

poe is free

the significant similarity clause gets used for lawsuits all the time in the mobile space look at zynga vs ea or any of the other half dozen suits against and by zynga

so yes dresden is right about brand confusion for damages if it even got to that point

like i said if there wasn't going to be a chance of a claim hirez would have simply said no

the fact is tribes has a long and unique history with many iterations spanning many different aesthetics and gimmicks there is a lot of room to litigate against many different aspects of a similar game that is commercialized

and i understand many of you are arguing from a fan boy perspective of haha they wont win the lawsuit!!!111!

but its not the win or lose or settlement aspect that matters it's that the lawsuit even happens that is important as that alone can bleed out a small developer

these types of stupid lawsuits happen every damn day this isn't like police brutality being on the news u fucking nerds

Blizzard hits local firm with copyright lawsuit - The China Post

Last edited:
dare ur aspergs r leakin.

like i said if there wasn't going to be a chance of a claim hirez would have simply said no
u keep bringing that up. it doesnt mean shit if they are going or not going 2 sue them. he simply cannot state anything on legal matters of company without approval of their lawyers.

anyway look maybe there won't be a lawsuit but maybe there will be

i read the subtext of that statement by hirez differently than you fags probably from experience

fanboying for your video game is gay as fuck though and u people need to educate yourselves on how far frivolous and stupid lawsuits can go

Nobody is fanboying...

None of us have even seen Project Z. I'm not going to support anything till I see it, and I'm pretty sure that most all of us feel the same after what happened with Tribes 2, T:V, and T:A.

We're all just watching you freak out cus you don't realize games can get cloned...

POE ---> Diablo

League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, etc ---> Dota

Rifts, Warhammer, Every other mmorpg ever made ---> Wow

Hundreds of 3d shooters ---> wolfenstein 3d

You are like completely tarding out in this thread man.

Why don't you mail Blizzard and tell them to sue Grinding Gear games cus of the "OMGZ0R SIMILAIRITEES CLAWS."

I'm pretty sure Icefrog would also be thrilled to legally stomp LoL out of existence for cloning his game too.

I'm sure all these highly intelligent people have never even dreamed of taking legal action... and just simply donno that they can get instantly mega rich by taking these companies to court.

You should mail them all and let them all know Dare. They might share some of the millions they make with you.

giphy.gif

Blizzard, Valve Settle DOTA Lawsuit

blizzard didn't make dota it was a fan made warcaft mod first and it wasn't sold

as soon as dota 2 and lol went commercial there was a lawsuit

After Valve tried to trademark the term DOTA, Blizzard filed a notice of opposition. Their position was that Valve was essentially stealing a brand name that had been established by Blizzard's product. They further alleged that Valve's use of the term in DOTA 2 would cause gamers to think that Blizzard somehow supported the product. Blizzard then tried to make their own claim on the name by announcing a new strategy game called Blizzard DOTA.

This legal dispute is, at its heart, a fight between two companies over a term that neither of them is directly responsible for creating in the first place. At the end of the day, I doubt many gamers cared what DOTA 2 or Blizzard All-Stars was called. I'm glad Blizzard and Valve managed to resolve their issues without either of their games being scrapped.

They were fighting over the DOTA name dumbass.

You can copyright a name.

821.gif

right and there are a million other things to file a lawsuit over that go to court every day

maybe it wont be game similarity maybe it will be chat huds

did you know there are patents on things specifically similar to tribes chat huds? i didnt till a week ago

we don't know what direction a lawsuit could go in or if there will be a lawsuit at all

the point of what ive been saying is that a lawsuit could happen and imo it probably will

Back