If you could, would you?

Living through the depression probably sucked.

But watching the Empire State Building being built, the Chrysler building, the Hoover Dam... seeing the airplane develop, listening to early jazz, chasing flapper girls... reading about Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Bonny & Clyde... seeing talking motion pictures for the first time... getting entertainment from something as simple as a radio... and just experiencing life where people didn't all hate each other and it was safe to walk down the street, I'd live through the Depression for that. The whole style, look, sound, and feel of the period, I'd fit right in.

charleston-dance-1920s.jpg

1920s_1__185848s.jpg

75187_180317_2.jpg

12473v-1.jpg

charles_lindberg_plane.jpg

gal_empire_2.jpg

psychophone_t614.jpg

barn.jpg

roaring_twenties.jpg

50568916.jpg

alg_1920.jpg

babe-ruth.jpg

070128_capone_vmed4p.widec.jpg

43302197.jpg

prohibition-ends.jpg

We had this thread a few months ago talking about the past. Refrigerators were not even invented yet, people used ice boxes. If you got sick, you die. TV? Black and White.

Yeah, it would be cool to go back and see how things started, like having a time machine. But my gosh, I couldn't give up all the comforts we have today.

In 1920s, there were roughly 200 refrigerator models on the market, and the television wasn't even invented yet. :ftard:

It was good if you were rich, which fngr did imply with the Duesenberg reference. Outside of that, an incredible struggle for most.

Back