Dynamix - A Tribes Salute

*SPAWN* Devil

Veteran X
I came across "Dynamix - A Tribes Salute" on http://tribesmovies.com and I must say its very... touching. For all of you that play or have played Tribes 1/2 download it, watch it and if you have enjoyed theese games, tell me it doesn't make you miss the good ol' days. :cry:

Geeeze . ... that just made me feel all depressed, to know that the Golden Age of T1 and T2 is no more. And the future of Tribes is so uncertain. :(

pocketgamer said:
Geeeze . ... that just made me feel all depressed, to know that the Golden Age of T1 and T2 is no more. And the future of Tribes is so uncertain. :(
Because a soon to be bankrupt game publisher decided to cancel updates on a crappy sequel? We have several projects going with people working hard on their spare time updating Tribes. We don't need VUG. So please.. Stop it with the shallow American quest for epic drama and just enjoy the game.

slitz, we dont officially have tribes any more is what he's saying. "Tribes" is owned by VUG and their tight-assed lawyers, and like hell they'd give up rights. notice legends and starsiege do not include "tribes" anywhere in their titles?

but to reply to the topic... i saw this movie 4 years ago after i first started playing t2. i remember the day when they (sierra) announced the dismissal of the dynamix crew, and it was a much bigger blow to the gaming world than vug's actions these past few weeks/months. it was indeed a great movie, but i would have liked different music ;)

Slitz said:
Because a soon to be bankrupt game publisher decided to cancel updates on a crappy sequel? We have several projects going with people working hard on their spare time updating Tribes. We don't need VUG. So please.. Stop it with the shallow American quest for epic drama and just enjoy the game.

You apparently don't understand that unless we can get a game out to the world that gets the world playing, then the Golden Era is over. The days when you could find unlimited amounts of websites covering the web concerning Tribes. When you could take a month off knowing that when you come back there will be tons of new people to compete with.

The water has become stale in the last 6 to 8 months. I no longer can get on at any time of th day to play the game I want, on the server I want; I must settle for the one that has players in it.

Maybe your a pubber and don't realize how much things have change in the past year. Maybe your ignorant, I don't know, but I think everyone will agree that the Golden Era of T1 and T2/C is over. And we may never see a Tribes 3 or 4 Golden Era for another 10+ years.

pocketgamer said:
Maybe your a pubber and don't realize how much things have change in the past year. Maybe your ignorant, I don't know, but I think everyone will agree that the Golden Era of T1 and T2/C is over. And we may never see a Tribes 3 or 4 Golden Era for another 10+ years.
Yea yea, I'm not dumb. All I'm saying is I wish everyone would stop crying and complaining and just take it for what it is.. And maybe help do something about it if you want to see the game alive in the future. All the negativism in this forum is only making things worse for Tribes.

pocketgamer said:
You apparently don't understand that unless we can get a game out to the world that gets the world playing, then the Golden Era is over. The days when you could find unlimited amounts of websites covering the web concerning Tribes. When you could take a month off knowing that when you come back there will be tons of new people to compete with.

the Golden Era aint coming back for any of the old-school games... (ut, quake, tribes)

maybe if you removed broadband from the masses, it would... but otherwise, dont expect it.

the days of unlimited tribes websites died when Sierra/VUG folks started whoring these forums only... and producing information ONLY through here.

very amatuerish, since it's healthy and smart to have as many fan sites as possible (especially ones where the "vets" dont piledrive-flame newbies)

as for comp, my sense is that the tribes community sorta carved out its own little comp world instead of integrating with the mainstream, big time comp organizations. that may have hurt the community long term (although perhaps it also helped in other ways). maybe im wrong...

all considered, dynamix was a BADASS company which changed the face of gaming.

OFN

look forwards...

ZenTseTse said:
barely, not that it really changes the facts.

same shit goes for UT and Quake.

i wasnt around for pet rocks, but that shit aint coming back either...

Why are you getting so defensive? It was a simple question...

Wow. My PlanetTribes post that Dynamix is officially dead was in the movie. I totally forgot I did that. And here I am years later writing T:V's obituary.

I'm the fucking Tribes undertaker. :[

That movie and the shots of community sites brings a lot of memories back.

ZenTseTse said:
barely, not that it really changes the facts.

same shit goes for UT and Quake.

i wasnt around for pet rocks, but that shit aint coming back either...

So I guess the question is? What do you want?, and if its not Tribes why are you here? All I get from your posts is that you want Tribes to be converted into some space age COD game, with realistic physics (no jets, no skiing).

I think what you want is something like Planetside, why not play that. It has some of the Tribes likeness about it. Dave Georgeson who was invloved with T2 worked on Planetside and it has the more non-sporty tactical gameplay you like. Most of us want the ulitmate Tribes game and that will always include jetpacks.

?B-MAN said:
So I guess the question is? What do you want?, and if its not Tribes why are you here? All I get from your posts is that you want Tribes to be converted into some space age COD game, with realistic physics (no jets, no skiing).

I think what you want is something like Planetside, why not play that. It has some of the Tribes likeness about it. Dave Georgeson who was invloved with T2 worked on Planetside and it has the more non-sporty tactical gameplay you like. Most of us want the ulitmate Tribes game and that will always include jetpacks.

Planetside is a ****ing joke! have they even manged to fix half of the bugs in that game? the last time I tried playing that game you had to pray that your own vehicle that you are driving doesn't run you over in some weird way!

*SPAWN* Devil said:
have they even manged to fix half of the bugs in that game? the last time I tried playing that game you had to pray that your own vehicle that you are driving doesn't run you over in some weird way!

can we sue them too?

Welcome to the same world Earthsiege / Starsiege has been in for about 5 years. Maybe in the amazing year 2009, someone will mod a new game entitled Starsiege: The Tribes of Man, and it'll later turn into a stand-alone game using the latest Torque WTF Engine.

Back