Veteran XV
Uninstalled multiplayer and began T:V installation

Disc 1 installed - please insert next disc
(insert disc 2)
Disc 2 installed - please insert next disc
(insert disc 3)
*delay*
Please insert next disc

Tried in both drives and both failed. Gonna stop installation and try again... :-|

Defective disc? Or is has this occurred to anyone else?

Ok I can open my 3rd disc fine.. anyone want to post their file sizes to see if one of my files is by chance corrupted?

Autorun.exe - 48KB (49,152 bytes)
Autorun.inf - 45 bytes (45 bytes) (size)
2.00KB (2,048 bytes) (size on disk)
Data3.cab - 635 MB (666,179,584 bytes)
Data21.cab - 9.67 MB (10,150,303 bytes) (size)
9.68 MB (10,151,936 bytes) (size on disk)

Voidsinger said:
Welcome to the fabulous world of SecureROM

Sounds like it to me...

SecuROM put me through the wringer a few times.

All you can basicly do is make sure your Drive's firmware is totally up to date and make sure you aren't trying to install in a CD burner. I've got a very standard HP burner here and secuROM freaks out over it every time. I ended up buying a DVD drive JUST so I could install secuROM stuff.

Other things that can cause SecuROM to freak out:
Minor surface flaws on the disk
Dusty Laser in the driver
Virtual Drive software
NERO CD BURNING SOFTWARE!

These are just the things I've dicovered on my own. Accourding to SecuROM there are NO problems with it.

Yeah... right!

Reinstillation went fine - I kept them all in my DVD drive instead of the burner (I have 2 drives, so I was putting 2 in, and when one was done would take that one out and put next in).

BitRaiser said:
All you can basicly do is make sure your Drive's firmware is totally up to date and make sure you aren't trying to install in a CD burner. I've got a very standard HP burner here and secuROM freaks out over it every time. I ended up buying a DVD drive JUST so I could install secuROM stuff.

Um... the only optical drives I have on my system are a Plextor DVD Writer and Liteon CD Writer... both have up to date firmware, both failed installation around 3rd/4th disc - "Insert next disc" bullshazbot.

They can't possibly exclude dvd / cd burners from installation, considering how many prebuilt systems come with just a combo drive, jesus

Silken said:
Um... the only optical drives I have on my system are a Plextor DVD Writer and Liteon CD Writer... both have up to date firmware, both failed installation around 3rd/4th disc - "Insert next disc" bullshazbot.

They can't possibly exclude dvd / cd burners from installation, considering how many prebuilt systems come with just a combo drive, jesus

Why do you think I got so worked up when I heard that VUG had put SecuROM on the disks?

When I first ran into the issue I only had 1 optical drive and 3 hardrives. This left me with no IDE channels open and my all my slots filed so I couldn't even add an extra!

I took the threat of turning over lie-filled E-mails from Atari telling me that there are no problems with SecuROM to a lauywer who was interested in starting up a class action suit against them before they finaly sent me premission to crack the game!

After deciding to give up on install tonight after two failed attempts... I got the CD's back out again and gave it one last try.

And it installed!

So then I go to play it.. and now i get the startup screen, screen goes to black, and then bam, back to desktop. Beta, SP demo, and MP demo are uninstalled. Tried running the patch, got same result - right back to desktop on start.

I'm loving it!

Guess what that sounds like?

YUP! It's your new best friend!! It's SecuROM's second stage! Wooohooo!!

Do you get a funny looking CD spinning thing replacing your mouse curser?

This time I got an error...

tv_error.gif

It got so bad for Bioware that the word SecuROM was added to their word filter!

They tried to remove it with a patch, Atari threatened to nail them for breach of contract. So many people were complaining that and making nasty remarks about Atari, that they got leaned on for it.

Donwanna see history repeat here!!

BitRaiser said:
It got so bad for Bioware that the word SecuROM was added to their word filter!
Dude, you CAN NOT be serious? That is pretty frelling hilarious, well, until you realize we're in the same boat now. :grimreape

Back