[T:V] Pack Idea

V

+vertical+

How about a varient on the cloak pack:

A "phase" pack that allows you to walk through the wall of buildings and dodge solid projectiles.

To balance it, you wouldn't be able to hit anyone with a solid projectile either: You could only hit or be hit with energy weapons.
It would make a noise and look like you are slightly blurred. It would also has a steep energy drain, but no drain while jetting, so that you could move around inside a building. A funny part would be if you "un-phased" inside a wall and it said: "<Warrior_name> got stuck in a wall."

Comments? :D

just what we need a capper grabbing a flag at 90mph and phases through the back of the base

or HO going through the base anywhere they want to rape

Vertical.

I'll state quite plainly what I think about your idea, without it being a flame.

This one pack alone, would necessitate a completely different variety of gameplay, centered totally around this ability with some limited jumping (not jetpacking). All the maps, the gaming engine itself, the weapons, and the gameplay would have to be balanced about this one feature.

As Tribes uses jetpacks, skiing and inventories, this theoretical game would use megajumps, phasing, and inventories to define it's unique gameplay.

This game would possibly be fun. In fact, someday, it may even be worth developing.

But I must kindly say, it will simply never balance well into Tribes style games and gameplay.

These are all cool suggestions that could be implemented and tested in mods, but they're just plain feature creep with regard to T:V itself.

Back