[pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection by hfingers - Page 37 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection
Page 37 of 41
Warpeanut
VeteranX
Old
721 - 06-16-2008, 22:46
Can u please post a newer picture of ur finger???

Sponsored Links
JavaBean
Veteran++
Old
722 - 06-16-2008, 22:52
OP still makes my nut sack hurt.

elijah
VeteranX
Old
723 - 06-16-2008, 22:53
I just got bit by a spider in my bed last night... this thread is the reason I didn't get any sleep last night.

james
VeteranX
Old
724 - 06-17-2008, 00:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
That way the doc would have covered his ass to deter malpractice lawsuits.
Everything in medicine is covering your ass.

I write more paperwork for a patient refusal in the field than I do when I transport someone.

I write the original patient care report, then 3 pages of refusal-specific documentation, and then depending on protocol/circumstances, I may have to speak with a physician and have the patient talk to them also.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
725 - 06-17-2008, 00:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
You can not fault a doctor for trying the odds of saving the finger. Perhaps he felt it could be saved, maybe the odds were slim, but it was worth a shot. We're not talking about an Automobile Repair estimate, this is about a human being's health and wellness. Its just plain stupid and blind to be critical of a man who tried instead of simply reducing the equation to a cold bottom line of money.

Well, the option was there to maybe save your finger, but after consideration for the financial risk involved to our bottom line, we went with the more fiscally responsible decision of just cutting it off.

Doctors are not trained to reduce everything down to a cold hard fiscal equation... that's the job of an Insurance Company... that's why we hate Insurance Agents almost as much as Lawyers as a society. You should focus your indignation on the Insurance Company who decided to draw then line on the guys health on wellbeing because he hurts their bottom line.
That's all well and good, until someone is left with NO medical attention available and a grossly deformed hand as a result.

This is WHY mechanic's have estimates. So you aren't stuck with your engine in 100 pieces and no more auto insurance coverage left.

Remo
VeteranXX
Old
726 - 06-17-2008, 01:01
Quote:
You can not fault a doctor for trying the odds of saving the finger. Perhaps he felt it could be saved, maybe the odds were slim, but it was worth a shot. We're not talking about an Automobile Repair estimate, this is about a human being's health and wellness. Its just plain stupid and blind to be critical of a man who tried instead of simply reducing the equation to a cold bottom line of money.

Well, the option was there to maybe save your finger, but after consideration for the financial risk involved to our bottom line, we went with the more fiscally responsible decision of just cutting it off.

Doctors are not trained to reduce everything down to a cold hard fiscal equation... that's the job of an Insurance Company... that's why we hate Insurance Agents almost as much as Lawyers as a society. You should focus your indignation on the Insurance Company who decided to draw then line on the guys health on wellbeing because he hurts their bottom line.
Now, thats just pathetic!

Warrlord
VeteranX
Old
727 - 06-17-2008, 01:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Now, thats just pathetic!
but it's true =/

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
728 - 06-17-2008, 01:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
That's all well and good, until someone is left with NO medical attention available and a grossly deformed hand as a result.

This is WHY mechanic's have estimates. So you aren't stuck with your engine in 100 pieces and no more auto insurance coverage left.

I don't think you understood my point. It's the Insurance Company that draws the line.... not the Doctor. They decide "how much your health is worth", not the Doctor who assumed that your health is worth the risk, even if the odds are slim. If the finger fails to heal and remains a disfigurement, it will not be for a lack of trying, skill or professionalism on behalf of the Doctor, but a lack of an Insurance Provider seeing the profit in your better health and well being.

A doctor by trade is concerned with your personal well being and acts on your behalf. An Insurance Company is concerned with the well being of it's shareholders and acts on their behalf, not yours.

Who ultimately decided what level of care the OP should be limited too? The Doctor or the Insurance Company?

Last edited by Hellsfury; 06-17-2008 at 01:12..
travelyan
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
729 - 07-13-2008, 17:04
HOF?

Piata
VeteranXX
Old
730 - 07-13-2008, 17:26
Quote:
I don't think you understood my point. It's the Insurance Company that draws the line.... not the Doctor. They decide "how much your health is worth", not the Doctor who assumed that your health is worth the risk, even if the odds are slim. If the finger fails to heal and remains a disfigurement, it will not be for a lack of trying, skill or professionalism on behalf of the Doctor, but a lack of an Insurance Provider seeing the profit in your better health and well being.

A doctor by trade is concerned with your personal well being and acts on your behalf. An Insurance Company is concerned with the well being of it's shareholders and acts on their behalf, not yours.

Who ultimately decided what level of care the OP should be limited too? The Doctor or the Insurance Company?
If there was ever an argument for universal health care, this is it. Never once has "how much will it cost" been a factor in treating major conditions that anyone I've known has suffered from. My younger brother needed to be flown via a private jet to a special hospital for children when he was 8 and had part of his liver removed. The only money my parents needed to fork over was their own airfare and accommodations.

That's how it should be. The health and well being of people should not have a dollar value attached to it.

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
731 - 07-13-2008, 19:29
i wanna see his Simpsons hand

that's a crazy operation they're trying to pull off

Blank
VeteranX
Old
732 - 07-13-2008, 20:24
how much does the amputation cost?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
733 - 11-05-2008, 20:19
*bump*

Bad_CRC
Linux Tribes++
Contributor
Old
734 - 11-05-2008, 20:20
poor bastard. I hope there's a heaven, cause you deserve some time in a place like that.

rip dude.

euph
VeteranXX
Old
735 - 11-05-2008, 20:20

Bullseye
VeteranX
Old
736 - 11-05-2008, 20:21
I just hope he's hanging out with his boy again (with all 10 fingers )

Rovero
VeteranXV
Old
737 - 11-05-2008, 20:23
In Heaven there is no recluse spiders ( I hope).

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
738 - 11-05-2008, 20:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovero View Post
In Heaven there is no recluse spiders ( I hope).
definately not as they belong in the 9th level of hell

mrcheesy
VeteranXX
Old
739 - 11-05-2008, 20:48
R.I.P.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
740 - 11-05-2008, 20:49
Well you know on a few occasions TW has pulled together for the good of one of our own. Anyone live in his town, setup a trust at a bank or something that we could donate to to help him offset his medical bills? I'd do it long as I knew it was going to help get the debt off of him and get him right.

Page 37 of 41

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection

Social Website Bullshit