very srs thread please read

At this point I don't see too much harm in having more relaxed rules, I guess. The ones you listed are fine, but I'd say already fall under the current 'Be excellent to each other, use your head when posting.' rule, which is vague but not too hard to grasp.

you have a lot of power you're going to be comm manager of midair most likely you need to start being involved in the discussion of the direction of the tribes series and encouraging it on your subreddit

My commitment and general thoughts/activity regarding Midair is mixed at best. It's unlikely I'll even play the game due to hardware limitations and other things, and if that's true then I don't see any real point in being any type of manager. Fire threw a hissy-fit when he saw someone from the dev team controlled /r/midair, and thought someone from the community should take it over. He asked if I would, I said yes, then he contacted the devs and that was that. I could easily (and likely) step down once playtesting/release happens and hand it over to someone else.

edit: God dammit stop making posts when I'm writing. The mods you listed...idk. Get someone else for T1, the others seem....okay. But they'd need to contact me and confirm their interest. As for what you do as mod, not a whole lot. tbh I spend most of my time editing the CSS, either for announcements, sidebar images, assigning custom flairs, etc. There's not a whole lot of quality control anymore. I might make a post on the subreddit later regarding content, rules, etc.

Was Blitz really that into T:V?

Last edited:
blitz became a pro gamer because of t:v

he was probably better in that game than most 5150 ppl ever got

he was up there with darklord and suckypenny aka clockwork smurf slakecg \

give dp a chance to post a reason y he should be mod or something

he really is a good mod and handles bad situations with serious tact

this sounds like an excellent agreement and very redeeming and gives me hope that we can still help this community thats been victimized by parasitic game corps become a success again

also dont step down from /r/midair if you're not some angry fascist that;'s afraid of open debate because thats exactly the type of person that place needs if it ever gets popular

the only thing i ever had an issue with you and /r/tribes was the censorship thats literally it

i couldnt care that it temporarily became t:a only. when the place was active one of my videos of t1 still hit 10k views a night. and i think they would again if there was more activity

this whole thing has just been about getting that activity and blood back not about pushing some over simplified view point that telling ppl to kill themselves on the internet is good

he is vocal about the tribes series on other forums than /r/tribes and tw and i think thats hugely important

hes also interested in the meta game of the other games and game design and talks to the midair ppl so hes influential

idc about racism and mean things he says h e at least tried t1 for the first time in 2015 (hell deny it was his first time but come on it was) and we can probably get him to pu again

btw u missed a half decent hb

also lastly fixious

if the 2 other t:a mods were removed and the reddit became less about censorship (but not outright negative like tw is sometimes)

fire has agreed to be a mod representing t;a players
blitz has agreed to be a mod representing t:v players
dp will agree to represent t1 players
proj for t2 (im sure hell agree)
and u obviously

i think thats the most balanced team u can get and will only help the whole tribes franchise by proxy

im from legions plz respect this fact ty

these things r both true and i agree

argh duel full right now btw

i lost connection 2 my net for like 3min in that last pug it sucked. i think its my network adapter or comcast it keeps happening idk.

as for ascend players specifically ive seen Symtex come in and play t1 every now and then, idk him too well but he seems like a nice guy, well respected comp player, and he has a better view of the tribes series as a whole than the other ascend players. he could be looked at for an ascend specific player if you really want one of those

i did that in a twl match once

o the symtex guy is nice ididnt know he was from t:a i thot he was just an old t1 player and sucked

u and blitz and fixious cover enough ascend add in dp and thats od ascend levels imo

as for modding /r/midair i turned it down because i thought i was too close to the developers to take an unbiased stance, but for something like /r/tribes i could do. i don't know what kind of tools the moderators have but if i were to be a mod i would make my duty to keep an eye out for the other mods just in case they delete stuff like the natural post dare made which really has no reason to be deleted.

c00l then im done my essay sperging

if this comes about it saves a lot of drama, i think it'll put the community in a better position to get a good game in the future and vocalize needed changes if there are any and saves a nasty attempt at a /r/redditrequest cia style coup on /r/Tribes

i do agree that we could use people who have played and understand the other tribes games in modding positions in order to lend credit to their opinions on matters regarding the future of tribes. people who can explain why if the game was made better in the first place, we wouldn't need rock bouncing in a new tribes game, adding reasons why it's a bad mechanic.

yep exactly

and further still i think itd give more consensus that tribes is an accepting place where u can disagree with people and not get banned

and it might even make the people vehemently in favor of certain game mechanics a bit more understanding of each other's perspectives

reddit isnt good forum format to begin with, so u cant really have nice discussions like you do here

It's a terrible forum format. I really wish people would stop using them as a replacement instead of setting up their own forum (Hi-Rez...). Standard forum tools would be fantastic but for now it's extremely basic unless you use third-party tools, even then it's a bit restricted. Being able to merge threads, sticky more than one, polls, being able to respond to reported posts, see who reported what and why, etc. They just announced we'll be able to sticky TWO posts sometime soon. People are so excited over this extremely basic feature.

:rolleyes:

Back