[Poll] Wealth Re-distribution?

How about instead of "hands off! this is mine!", we say "hands off! last time I gave you a handout you squandered it! let the other guy pay for a change."

Who is the other guy though, this means that they are wrongly thinking that they have somehow been singled out for taxation.

If the problem is gov't over spending or misuse/abuse of funds, become an activist for greater accountability (that doesn't waving signs or chanting). To simply say "find your funding somewhere else" is abandoning your duty as a citizen to hold authorities accountable.

college education should be free for people who can handle it. this is wealth redistribution?

healthcare should be FREE - no charge for a visit/single payor. this is wealth redistribution?

all the whining about welfare niggers comes from people who probably make way less than $90k, working cush jobs that might require skill or training, but is actually easy work

Who is the other guy though, this means that they are wrongly thinking that they have somehow been singled out for taxation.

If the problem is gov't over spending or misuse/abuse of funds, become an activist for greater accountability (that doesn't waving signs or chanting). To simply say "find your funding somewhere else" is abandoning your duty as a citizen to hold authorities accountable.

The fraud, waste, and abuse is a real problem, but I was getting at the fact that the minority pay the majority of taxes.

If you and I went to dinner every night, and one night I paid for your dinnner, I would have no problem. Sometimes we don't have cash on us. it happens.

If it became a habitual thing, I would start to get irked.

If you came to expect it, and got angry when I balked at paying your tab, I would get mad.

If you badmouthed me while I was paying your bill every night, and ordered the lobster and extra dessert because you knew you didn't have to pay, I would probably find a new restaurant and a new dinner companion.

i suggest finding a plunger, sticking it up your ass NYPD style, then finding a relevant analogy cuz that shit was fucking retarded

the anaogy is solid. If you are not smart enough to work it through and tease the meaning out just say so, and i'll break it down for you.

The fraud, waste, and abuse is a real problem, but I was getting at the fact that the minority pay the majority of taxes.

If you and I went to dinner every night, and one night I paid for your dinnner, I would have no problem. Sometimes we don't have cash on us. it happens.

If you came to expect it, and got angry when I balked at paying your tab, I would get mad.

If you badmouthed me while I was paying your bill every night, and ordered the lobster and extra dessert because you knew you didn't have to pay, I would probably find a new restaurant and a new dinner companion.

Now imagine it's your broker, not your friend. He's been leaching commissions off you and your peers for decades, and gotten fantastically wealthy off your patronage in the meantime, and now that the economy is bad, he expects you to pick up the tab? Fuck that.

Get out your fucking checkbook.

Now imagine it's your broker, not your friend. He's been leaching commissions off you and your peers for decades, and gotten fantastically wealthy off your patronage in the meantime, and now that the economy is bad, he expects you to pick up the tab? Fuck that.

Get out your fucking checkbook.

Considering my broker has done very well and I've gotten money out of the deal, I'll spot him dinner.

college education should be free for people who can handle it. this is wealth redistribution?

healthcare should be FREE - no charge for a visit/single payor. this is wealth redistribution?

all the whining about welfare niggers comes from people who probably make way less than $90k, working cush jobs that might require skill or training, but is actually easy work

Why shouldn't food, transportation, clothing, and utilities be free for everyone? You're a stingy, money-grubbing, greedy, redundant asshole, but continue to parade around as a pompous, pseudo-generous jerk.

Why shouldn't food, transportation, clothing, and utilities be free for everyone? You're a stingy, money-grubbing, greedy, redundant asshole, but continue to parade around as a pompous, pseudo-generous jerk.

cuz that's retarded f'in gook

In actual numbers, yes, the minority do pay the majority of taxes, but they also have the majority access to opportunity to expand their wealth, and the ability to pay those taxes is much greater. It will have a far less detrimental effect on the lifestyle of the minority if their taxes double (too exteme, but fits the analogy), than if the taxes of the bottom 95% double. Such an extreme tax hike will never sink the top 5% into poverty, but it will destroy the lives of 95% of the citizenry.

The dinner companion analogy also doesn't fit. If in that story, I am the poor majority, the gov't handouts which it alludes to certainly aren't lobster or fancy desserts. It also does nothing to address the flow of wealth upwards from the poor to the wealthy due to the monopoly of basic services and institutions. It's also wrong to make it seem like you're taking me out out of the goodness of your heart. You're doing it because someone else (the gov't) said you had to.

Clu is a fucking moron. I'm amazed he can even function well enough to use the Internet.

Why shouldn't food, transportation, clothing, and utilities be free for everyone?
Because securing something as free that can be abused beyond necessity is wasteful.

Now, why should auto insurance be mandatory? Isn't that just redistributing wealth to bad drivers?

1 example in 8 pages and you call it the prevailing attitude?

Reading comprehension - get some.

Show me which part of the country TW is a representative sample from. It's not.

I called it a prevailing attitude among MANY. That leaves plenty of room for others views, but I defy you to show how this is not representative of a large group of American citizens.

cuz that's retarded f'in gook
Excuse me?
Racist too...no surprise there.

Because securing something as free that can be abused beyond necessity is wasteful.

So you would rather people have a college education than food and clothing. :ftard:

You don't really care about people do you? or first you would feed and clothe them. Then provide them transportation and housing. THEN you worry about education and healthcare, neither of which they will need if they starve to death or are homeless. :twak:

Now, why should auto insurance be mandatory? Isn't that just redistributing wealth to bad drivers?
Auto insurance being mandatory leads to high prices.

I'm not entirely sure how that is redistributing wealth to bad drives - to insurance agents/companies yes - but bad drives? You'll have to further explain.

Bad drivers have to pay for insurance too -- more than good drivers.

Not sure how that becomes wealth redistribution. :confused:

Back