very srs thread please read

It's a terrible forum format. I really wish people would stop using them as a replacement instead of setting up their own forum (Hi-Rez...). Standard forum tools would be fantastic but for now it's extremely basic unless you use third-party tools, even then it's a bit restricted. Being able to merge threads, sticky more than one, polls, being able to respond to reported posts, see who reported what and why, etc. They just announced we'll be able to sticky TWO posts sometime soon. People are so excited over this extremely basic feature.

:rolleyes:

wow, that sucks

Last edited:
so update on this is the mod team reorg happening on /r/tribes or was decided against? will i bet censored if i say a mean thing on /r/tribes? y is there a mod that spends more time on a cs forum than tribes there? etc

Congrats, are you still in Arizona?
Finished school last year, so settled into career now. I just ordered a new pc, been w/o one for 2 years so hopping to get back to tribes soonish.

dare do you or do you not have secret agenda on turning midair into t1 as much as possible?

no. midair is gonna be what it sgonna be i have no influence over that project mabel has dug his heels in and never even tried t1 doesnt interact with the community and takes most of his advice from projectile and legions players

i dont think that means its 100% going to be guaranteed to be a bad game just that he's seriously reduced his chances of it being t1 good

t2 classic good is still great tho and ill play the fuck out of that if it happens but arena, duel, and lt will probably suck

no this is more about influencing whoever devs future games beyond midair if it fails, specifically the tribes ip holders

because unless they produce a good game its highly unlike another team like the one that's making midair will come along to make another tribes like game in the same style of toxxik or reflex etc

o ya and hirez todd and erez both answer tweets and emails so they're pretty pliable with community politics and stuff and arent afraid of a little controversy so i think they could be reasonably influenced by community discussions about all the games on /r/tribes if people who were angry and raging were allowed to vocalize their opinions without them being deleted. downvoted is fine but full out deleting is just evil

no. midair is gonna be what it sgonna be i have no influence over that project mabel has dug his heels in and never even tried t1 doesnt interact with the community and takes most of his advice from projectile and legions players

i dont think that means its 100% going to be guaranteed to be a bad game just that he's seriously reduced his chances of it being t1 good

t2 classic good is still great tho and ill play the fuck out of that if it happens but arena, duel, and lt will probably suck

no this is more about influencing whoever devs future games beyond midair if it fails, specifically the tribes ip holders

because unless they produce a good game its highly unlike another team like the one that's making midair will come along to make another tribes like game in the same style of toxxik or reflex etc

ims that's a smart move, lay foundations of unified community voice so when the time is right we will influence developers exactly the way we want it and improve the game a lot. gg

right it is smart its a good plan its not controversial compared to another failed fucking game but it doesnt seem to be happening and the mod team is still the same and ibet if i posted something like a stupid shitpost thread about "what was ur fav community drama" on that forum itd be banned and deleted

this is the tribes community curse

anyway hoping fixious sticks to his word and replaces the mod team

Congrats, are you still in Arizona?
Finished school last year, so settled into career now. I just ordered a new pc, been w/o one for 2 years so hopping to get back to tribes soonish.

Thx man. No, I moved back to CA a few years ago. Going to be here for another year with plans to move to Alabama. I'm a southern boy at heart so, yea. I have family there. Took my wife to visit after I mentioned how much I liked it. She was very skeptical, but after visiting the area she also fell in love so it's kinda all falling together.

Get that PC and come play with us :)

Back