The Official "Dev Misconduct" Thread

I play eve to shoot things up, to enjoy it. I'm stuck in empire now due to lack of time playing (I have been missing days of skill training due to real life and tribalwars.net committments).

I'm short on funds now in game as some missions I used to do with ease blew my faithful ferox up along with T2 and arbalest heavy launchers.

I was going to create alt, after reading all those, I don't think I will. I can have fun blowing ships up with just one account, I don't want to fund a company that doesn't care about their staff causing problems in game.

Some of those "evidence" might be forged but I highl doubt all of those "evidence" are forged. BoB and others are just trying to distract us from the real issue, clever indeed.

I won't get my hope up CCP do some serious serious clean house. If they fire those alleged employees, they need to replace them. If they don't and this thing drags on, some players may leave.

I am not leaving for a simple reason. The monthly subscription fee is fairly small so I don't care as long as I get to enjoy it. I can't afford games like WoW due to the fact I can't constantly play it to keep my level up to stay with friends. I can do that with Eve, as long as I can earn enough isk for skillbooks.

I've resisted using real life money to buy isk out of principle. I've never ever done that in my entire gaming life and don't plan to. Heck, when I quit Ultima Online back when I found out about their staff cheated, I gave away more than 20,000 USD worth of virtual house, goods, etc. including weapons/armos that I obtained back in 1997, before all the nerf, etc. for free to friends.

I play game to enjoy, to compete, using real life money to advance yourself kinda defeat that purpose. However, if CCP doesn't clean up, I have less incentive to "compete" as I know it's dirty. Trying to compete in a rigged game is just a waste of time.

whoa now it is damning evidence, but it really can't be proven that a dev deliberately handed over BPO's to BoB just yet (the most incendiary of the accusations). plus, it was most likely just a couple of devs acting independently if it any at all. just enjoy the whining and drama for now but don't start making conclusions just yet :)

just be thankful this event "humbled" those few douchebag BoB's so you don't have to read replies of "hhahahahahahahahhahahaha tic toc u'll see" over and over and over. god that was gay.

It does seem like something needs to be done to move some of the wealth back down to the lower end types. Shudder, but an income tax might be the end all be all to this, just a straight up flat tax of like 1% if you have more than maybe 1 billion ISK or maybe a tax on POSes.
Take that ISK and redistribute it to characters older than 2 months as a grant or something to fit the backstory.

I'll stop now cause my Canadian is showing.

It means they deleted two characters and called the problem solved.

At least CCP is consistent.
Yep, that's pretty much it. "There are no Americans in Baghdad" is the call of CCP, they have no interest in commenting on what happened, only desires to quickly bury it. CCP doesn't give a fuck about the players any more, they're having too much fun playing for themselves.

Last edited:
ooh ooh more whistleblowing

Hey, I am a current ISD. I'm sending you this note anonymously just to protect myself since Kieron will delete my main without a second thought if I break the NDA.

I've heard the chatter about the event both from eve players and from my fellow isd as well as Kieron. It was claimed in no uncertain terms that an investigation was done and that there was no cheating involved. No maybe, no we couldn't tell. A categorical seal of approval on what transpired. The fact that Kieron is backing off from this bodes poorly for my faith in the fairness of the game. I know that some ISD have abused and continue to abuse their abilities. It is so easy to just contact your alliance out of game and give them event information ahead of schedule. Really there is nothing more that can be done, this is purely a ethics crisis. There are a few bad eggs from the bottom to the top of eve. And CCP is not going to give you anything other than platitudes because they do not want you to know how often the rules are broken. In fact I have my doubts about abusive GMs being removed as often as they claim. More typically the GM is just forced to change his GM name and everything goes back to normal.

What is happening currently though is complete bull****. CCP should have both a liaison program and a reward program to rat out GMs. As well there should be some form of community oversight on investigations of GMs. Basically an independent audit to assure that everything is on the up and up. As well to assure that things are actually being investigated completely. It is by no means a perfect solution but it beats Kieron waffling back and forth about what is actually going on.

Hopefully this is the first and last time I ever have to break the NDA. Feel free to post this.

edit - this post was deleted in about 0.5 nanoseconds :shock:

Last edited:
Sharkbait said:
hmmm. i just moved to iceland to work for ccp and i didn't have any problems. been here 2 months now and no one knows a thing. i do play with a lot of drunks tho. now i also work with a lot of drunks.

Ok, which one of you is Sharkbait? :lol:

This is getting worse and worse :(

Hmmm.....should I continue with eve or not...hmmmmI've been paying CCP monthly for about a year now... It's not too late to back out :)

This is getting worse and worse :(

Hmmm.....should I continue with eve or not...hmmmmI've been paying CCP monthly for about a year now... It's not too late to back out :)
I'm thinking now's a good time to retire. There's a high-sec Dread for sale that's just calling my name, so I may as well go out on top. I can't trust CCP any more, and considering it's a PvP game it's not really worth playing if you can't trust the devs not to completely undercut you in favor of someone else. I don't really want to retire, but I'm not going to stick around and get my ass kicked by BoB since clearly CCP doesn't see a problem in helping them out.

So, who wants to play Pirates of the Burning Sea?:)

Back