Reload this Page Florida bans AR15
Page 1 of 6
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 03-04-2018, 16:34
For 15 minutes
Florida Senate bans AR-15 in rare weekend session — what happened next shocked everyone TheBlaze

Quote:
The Florida Senate on Saturday debated the merits of increased gun control measures and how to move forward legislatively after the tragic shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14.

The emotion-filled day even included a brief ban on the AR-15, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

What happened?
In the rare Saturday session, which included hours of debates and votes on numerous legislative amendments addressing firearm issues, the chamber temporarily approved a two-year ban on the purchase of AR-15 rifles in the Sunshine State.

The moment of drama came during an unrecorded voice vote where Florida senators shouted “yea” or “nay.” Florida Senate President Joe Negron, a Republican, afterward ruled the measure had been approved. But per chamber rules, the approval could be challenged — and that’s exactly what happened.

Republicans, who generally oppose most firearm restrictions, later reconsidered the measure and held a roll call vote on it, which struck down the two-year ban. According to the Times, just 15 minutes had passed between the time the measure was initially approved to the time it was reconsidered and struck down.

The vote on the measure was 21-17, with two Republicans joining the Democrats.

What else happened?
During the marathon session, Republican rejected nearly four dozen Democratic amendments to the “Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act,” the Florida assembly’s legislative response to the tragic shooting.

From the Times:

The legislation will be accompanied by an unprecedented infusion of cash into the school system to address mental health issues. The $400 million package includes $18.3 million for mobile crisis teams working with the Department of Children and Families and the schools; $500,000 for mental health first aid training; and $69 million for mental health assistance to school districts.

According to the Times, some of the rejected amendments included proposals to ban all “assault weapons,” to the creation of a gun registry for all firearms in the state of Florida to bans on high capacity magazines.

Two of the more popular Democratic amendments, the proposal to ban all “assault weapons” and a proposal to remove a measure that would allow school districts to arm teachers, were narrowly rejected, despite some Republican support.

However, many popular firearm restrictions were included in the bill, including a bump stock ban, a measure to raise the purchase age for rifles and shotguns and even a measure extending waiting periods on for some background checks.

The bill is expected to be approved by the Florida Senate on Monday. From there, lawmakers hope the Florida House approves it and sends it to Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) before the legislative session ends on March 9.

The local gun groups are in full catastrophe mode

Sponsored Links
coombz
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 03-04-2018, 16:37
luckily for you and you wife they didn't ban low IQ obese failures from breeding

Florida should really consider that next though...

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 03-04-2018, 16:41
Dude..again...you're from New Zealand. You probably had to look up how to spell IQ

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 03-04-2018, 16:43
that's a lot of money to spend. if they're smart about it, it might work but it may be orwellian in nature. just ban the bumb stocks and let's keep the piece. this will not be the last effort nor the last high score attempt

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
5 - 03-04-2018, 16:51
here comes the panic buying

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 03-04-2018, 16:53
sell ur crypto

do some day trader flips on murder death kill high school assault machine gun weapons and armor piercing hollow point explosive penetrating depleted uranium machine gun bullets

$profit$

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 03-04-2018, 16:55
lol jk u don't want the feds setting u up as the next sleazy stevie paddock amirite

Father Ruckus
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 03-04-2018, 16:57
Man, I wish I sold AR-15's, business would always be booming

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 03-04-2018, 16:57
Seems like every other day this week i see posts on facebook of 'OMG DICKS STOPPED SELLING AR'S!'
....then...'OMG WAL-MART STOPPED SELLING ASSAULT RIFLES'...and all the people in the local gun groups give 0 ****s, nobody buys guns from walmart or dicks

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 03-04-2018, 16:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Ruckus View Post
Man, I wish I sold AR-15's, business would always be booming
I see so many gun shops that start down here in a little nothing shop in a strip mall. I have yet to see any of them go under for lack of sales

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 03-04-2018, 16:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Seems like every other day this week i see posts on facebook of 'OMG DICKS STOPPED SELLING AR'S!'
....then...'OMG WAL-MART STOPPED SELLING ASSAULT RIFLES'...and all the people in the local gun groups give 0 ****s, nobody buys guns from walmart or dicks
truth

well, I think I bought a Benjamin pellet gun once from Walmart when I was 15. but that's it. hell, I don't even buy ammo from there. in fact, I haven't been to Walmart in like 8 years. **** Walmart. and I've been to a dick's once. never went back. place sucked lol.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 03-04-2018, 17:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
truth

well, I think I bought a Benjamin pellet gun once from Walmart when I was 15. but that's it. hell, I don't even buy ammo from there. in fact, I haven't been to Walmart in like 8 years. **** Walmart. and I've been to a dick's once. never went back. place sucked lol.
Between me and the closest Dicks, there is literally 4 small mom and pop gun stores that have better prices, better selection, more knowledgeable staff

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13 - 03-04-2018, 17:02
I'll usually either go to Academy to get some quick ammo, or i'll go to Bass Pro/Cabelas for guns/ammo. And yes, occasionally i'll go to a few small gun shops.

Father Ruckus
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 03-04-2018, 17:04
Why would I ever go to Dicks for any fire arm, Bass Pro is better in every way. But i'd still shop at a mom and pop for sure.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 03-04-2018, 17:04
I go to a couple small mom and pops for ammo. Guns i can usually pick up via a couple different gun groups. But even in those groups, nobody will sell to you without at least doing a cursory check via the internet and many wont sell to you at all if they don't know you or you don't at least have an CWP

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
16 - 03-04-2018, 17:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Dicks has good deals sometimes. I got my Ruger 10/22 at walmart for 149.99..

*shrug*

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 03-04-2018, 17:16
What they should ban is the pain clinics

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
18 - 03-04-2018, 17:20
good thing I have an AR16

Hologram
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 03-04-2018, 17:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Ruckus View Post
Why would I ever go to Dicks for any fire arm, Bass Pro is better in every way. But i'd still shop at a mom and pop for sure.
dicks did it as a PR move....they will start selling them again soon

they did the same thing when adam lanza shot up that school....and a couple years later they started selling them again

it's all about the PR perception and $$$$

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
20 - 03-04-2018, 17:50
Dicks: For non gun owners who think they're ok at sports.

Page 1 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Florida bans AR15

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
retired and artistic