[So] Experiences in the level 20+ zones? by skully - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page [So] Experiences in the level 20+ zones?
skully
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 05-10-2008, 16:33
Unfortunately, the only zone I was able to successfully sneak past the gate campers in was Conall's Valley, so I didn't get to see how the other places looked.

This zone looked absolutely huge on the map and while it did take me a few minutes to sneak from one end to the other, it was ridiculously linear. Attempting to travel more than 20 or so feet off the path in either direction resulted in me running into a hill or some other random obstacle. I could sit on the path in stealth (was playing a ranger at the time) and had no problem hitting people that were hugging the "walls" in an attempt to get by.

The towns and environments in this game look absolutely incredible, but it just kills me that they feel so... single-playerish (linear paths, no building interaction, etc). Having friends thrown into other clone instances, and the constant loading screens (you get a load screen to enter a CTF match, 60 seconds later another when the teams are set, and then another everytime you die) really kill it for me. I was pretty dead set on playing this game in place of WoW, but I don't know if I even want to waste the other $40 it would cost me to pick this game up.

Sponsored Links
d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
2 - 05-10-2008, 16:44
I havent been doin anything but ganking people. Im already alittle sick of it due to never being able to tell whats going on easily. Also combo system is so stupid in pvp.

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
3 - 05-10-2008, 17:37
I don't have any problems doing combos in PVP

though some of them cancel early if you activate them while standing still, and then move.

Try to move a bit while activating them, and then when you chase down your target you can continue the chain.

Also, some ideas about the PVP XP:

It seems like you only get 100xp per kill, but only if it's someone you've never killed before. I think maybe they have to attack you too?

But it seems like EVERY time you die, you lose 300, no matter the conditions.

It seems a little crazy in a game where it's so easy to die.

Also: in the overworld, the server clips out characters at way too close of a distance, it kind of detracts from the experience when people are disappearing and reappearing right in front of you so much.

Last edited by Breyer; 05-10-2008 at 17:50..
d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 05-10-2008, 17:50
Also if you see someone in the distance, good luck targetting them. It seems like you gotta be withint 40 yards to target. I dont like that.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 05-11-2008, 04:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by skully View Post
Having friends thrown into other clone instances, and the constant loading screens (you get a load screen to enter a CTF match, 60 seconds later another when the teams are set, and then another everytime you die) really kill it for me.
the loading is pretty retarded in the game, and i don't mean the times necessarily. i find it pretty stupid that if you die, you have to load to respawn.. even though you might be not 10 feet from the place of resurrection.

it also bothers me to hear that the rest of the world outside of tortage is like what you describe. i was hoping it would be free range. i was somewhat ok with tortage feeling like a single player game (because it basically is), but i'm not really ok with the rest of the world being like that. that really does kill it for me.

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
6 - 05-11-2008, 10:38
The believe the game spawns off extra instances for zones as the population gets too high.

Lots of MMOs do this.

Also, with the patch for yesterday, the loading times were very short for me, especially on respawn. It was just reloading cached data, so as soon as it appeared I could move again, albeit I was able to move while the loading screen was still fading away

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 05-11-2008, 14:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyer View Post
The believe the game spawns off extra instances for zones as the population gets too high.

Lots of MMOs do this.
daoc doesn't do this. eq doesn't do this. even wow doesn't do this. which are pretty much the only games that matter much anymore right now. (guild wars does it, but it's not counted as an mmo, and is meh anyway)

if you are in an actual dungeon instance and die, then yes you have to load to spawn outside. but if you die in a zone and have to load in to spawn in the SAME zone... that's pretty retarded.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page [So] Experiences in the level 20+ zones?

Social Website Bullshit