[Free Invites][New IM Client] Digsby <3 TW! by Gumz - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Free Invites][New IM Client] Digsby <3 TW!
Page 5 of 24
Highlife
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 02-06-2008, 20:46
dotted for the mac release.

Sponsored Links
LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
82 - 02-06-2008, 20:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procell View Post
just installed with no accounts connected , it's sitting at 50,104k memory.........
Same situation, using 55,560K here. Miranda logged into AIM/ICQ/GoogleTalk/MSN/Yahoo AND a weather plugin is presently taking 18,696K with a custom transparent contact list.

So let me get this straight... In order to use this I have to give you all my usernames and passwords which get stored somewhere on your server? So it's basically just like Jabber, where users have to trust your site to protect that information from hackers (and you).

Thanks, but no thanks.

Gumz
VeteranXX
Old
83 - 02-06-2008, 21:17
Someone just put us on digg

Digg - FREE invites for an app to manage IM/Email/Social networks

Gumz
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 02-06-2008, 21:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlife View Post
dotted for the mac release.
Mac release is coming soon. Sign up in the mean time.

digsby mac/linux signup

Gumz
VeteranXX
Old
85 - 02-06-2008, 21:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCypher View Post
So let me get this straight... In order to use this I have to give you all my usernames and passwords which get stored somewhere on your server? So it's basically just like Jabber, where users have to trust your site to protect that information from hackers (and you).
This is from our privacy policy.

"In order to access your third party Instant Messaging, Email, and Social Network accounts, you must enter your applicable user name(s) and password(s) in to DIGSBY. This information is stored on our servers and is encrypted in a manor that would prevent anyone, including DOTSYNTAX LLC employees from accessing your passwords."

We have cryptography experts on hand and have absolutely NO WAY of getting your password.

puncho
VeteranXX
Old
86 - 02-06-2008, 22:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by puncho View Post
Does it have the same emoticons for each IM? I'm used to MSN ones for msn, gtalk ones for gtalk, etc.

RabidWolf
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 02-06-2008, 22:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
can you sort buddy lists by status?

If no, count me out
yes

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
88 - 02-06-2008, 22:14
looking forward to the memory fixes but i'm going to pimp this **** around, this is the best client outside of adium that i've used in a while, and if you fix some of that memory stuff and get some skinners, it'll be on par or better.

I'm loving the email and facebook integration

edit: any way you can give some control over buddy list font? I don't care about the font, but I'd prefer to make it smaller

Last edited by Diablo Escobar; 02-06-2008 at 22:18..
Gumz
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 02-06-2008, 22:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztid View Post
looking forward to the memory fixes but i'm going to pimp this **** around, this is the best client outside of adium that i've used in a while, and if you fix some of that memory stuff and get some skinners, it'll be on par or better.

I'm loving the email and facebook integration

edit: any way you can give some control over buddy list font? I don't care about the font, but I'd prefer to make it smaller
Go to your (Preferences -> Buddy List -> Contact Layout -> Advanced), You'll find alot of customzable options there.

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
90 - 02-06-2008, 22:22
there it is!

Can the usernames at the bottom be collapsed into a menu? I really don't need to see them there (basically the two accounts i've got connected in the big squares)

edit: found it, clicked on the down arrow

Gumz
VeteranXX
Old
91 - 02-06-2008, 22:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by puncho View Post
Does it have the same emoticons for each IM? I'm used to MSN ones for msn, gtalk ones for gtalk, etc.
Currently yes all emoticons are the same on all protocols, digsby was designed to be simple, the preferences aren't cluttered but there is still a lot of customizability.

We have implemented a merged contacts system that allows you to group users from multiple protocols, including email (Yes u can send emails right from the IM Window). So in order to keep digsby simple, we decided to keep everything the same everywhere including the emoticons, our goal is to make having multiple accounts transparent to the user. It should just feel like one account and all protocols behave in a similar fashion.

Last edited by Gumz; 02-06-2008 at 22:57..
Jelly
VeteranXX
Old
92 - 02-06-2008, 23:01
Where did you get your AIM stack?

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 02-06-2008, 23:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumz View Post
Currently yes all emoticons are the same on all protocols, digsby was designed to be simple, the preferences aren't cluttered but there is still a lot of customizability.

We have implemented a merged contacts system that allows you to group users from multiple protocols, including email (Yes u can send emails right from the IM Window). So in order to keep digsby simple, we decided to keep everything the same everywhere including the emoticons, our goal is to make having multiple accounts transparent to the user. It should just feel like one account and all protocols behave in a similar fashion.
Gumz - any chance of making it modular so if I don't want facebook integration and **** I can disable it so it doesn't load?

I didn't read the thread yet.

Gumz
VeteranXX
Old
94 - 02-06-2008, 23:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
Where did you get your AIM stack?
all of our stacks are home grown!

Gumz
VeteranXX
Old
95 - 02-06-2008, 23:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL83 View Post
Gumz - any chance of making it modular so if I don't want facebook integration and **** I can disable it so it doesn't load?

I didn't read the thread yet.
it is modular, protocols arent loaded until needed.

right now the memory issues exist because it isn't optimized. we have been getting a lot of feedback about it and its going to be our priority along with bug fixes in these coming weeks.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 02-06-2008, 23:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumz View Post
it is modular, protocols arent loaded until needed.

right now the memory issues exist because it isn't optimized. we have been getting a lot of feedback about it and its going to be our priority along with bug fixes in these coming weeks.
Oh ok - that's cool. I haven't really tried it yet.

RabidWolf
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 02-07-2008, 00:20
very sweet app, can't wait for more updates, skins, etc!

the only thing i miss from trill is being able to close my window with esc.
i know it sounds trivial, but for some reason it bugs me

edit: also haven't found a chat skin i am particularly fond of... most of them take up too much room for my tastes. minibubble2 is a little better

Gumz
VeteranXX
Old
98 - 02-07-2008, 01:11
Hmm i forget why we chose ctrl+w instead of esc, but I'm sure we had a good debate about it. apparently ctrl+w won. I'm used to both so it didn't bother me.

We have a lot in store for skins and message themes. But we just need a little more time

Midnj
VeteranXX
Old
99 - 02-07-2008, 01:27
I like the blurred out account names in the screenshots

authentic

Justin Time
VeteranX
Old
100 - 02-07-2008, 03:13
Will thoroughly test this product out. Have been a Trillian user for years now and have somewhat recently moved over to Pidgin.

Looking forward to something that can/will fill the void.

Page 5 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Free Invites][New IM Client] Digsby <3 TW!

Social Website Bullshit