[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

I suppose it's not surprising that you have it backwards. There isn't some conspiracy on the definition of trickle-down economics. It is primarily about lowering taxes on the wealthy so that they are incentivized to invest in new means of production and create jobs. Thus wealth trickles down from the top to the bottom in the form of demand for new workers, in theory anyway. Reagan is the one who made it famous by cutting taxes in half for the wealthy.

Government spending is the typical Keynesian line of economic thought where the government can provide stimulus to a lagging economy. Problem is that's not how it works in practice - the government spends and spends in good times and bad. It isn't exactly the opposite of trickle-down, but it's close enough, though they aren't mutually exclusive as the national debt can attest to.

Ok, so a few more things:

-Whats surprising is you glossing over the corruption of the system and ignoring the point it wasnt designed to be manipulated as such, as well as other key points / questions that you did not answer.

-We disagree with trickle down, it was clearly pointed out who has what and where it comes from. It's not complicated -take from the producing class to give to the recipient class; pretty much Keynesian [aka redistribution] economics in a nutshell. Disprove this and you might have a valid point.

-By allowing more people to have more disposable income, the entire economy benefits. I'd also point out how taxation can destroy an industry and cost lots of jobs. Do you recall the Luxury tax from the 90's? Bill Clinton quietly signed off on repealing it due to destroying over 25K jobs in the luxury boat business. The gain from that tax was a paltry $150 or so million gained at its height. So much for your point above, eh? Wealthy people arent stupid, they just wont pay for shitty ideas. Here's just a taste from a leftwing source: HOW TO SINK AN INDUSTRY AND NOT SOAK THE RICH - The Washington Post

-The National Debt will never be repaid at this point. They are doing nothing more than kicking the can down the road and passing it off to future generations because they will get theirs now and will be dead when the day of reckoning arrives. Taxation isnt the answer, cutting spending is. Given social spending is over 2/3 of the federal budget, you have an excellent starting point. Problem is that none of these cowards have the balls to make the tough decisions (especially with democrat scum telling everyone that cutting spending means they hate the poor.. while they fucking line their pockets in office). We're quite fucked.

Agreeing with me isnt weakness or losing, it's a sign of intelligence.

:)

-We disagree with trickle down, it was clearly pointed out who has what and where it comes from. It's not complicated -take from the producing class to give to the recipient class; pretty much Keynesian [aka redistribution] economics in a nutshell. Disprove this and you might have a valid point.

Anyone who thinks trickle down works, in any way shape or form, is ignoring almost 35 years of data. It can be summed up in four very simple points.

Cutting the top tax rate:
- Does not lead to economic growth
- Does not lead to income growth
- Does not lead to wage growth
- Does not lead to job creation

These are the demonstrated results of trickle down over the last 35 years.

It is also proven that the economy grows at a nearly 4x clip when tax breaks are given to incomes under $80k as opposed to the extremely wealthy.

Not sure why this is even being argued. 95% of republicans will even tell you trickle down doesn't work.

:shrug:

Last edited:
:lol:

prove it then, phatalalcoholsyndrome

saying it doesnt prove it. example: i showed what taxation does to an industry and you still argue.

do you even realize how that makes you look right now?

ss is right dood, trickle down works and all that money is gonna flow into rural america and make them great again :lol:

:lol:

prove it then, phatalalcoholsyndrome

saying it doesnt prove it. example: i showed what taxation does to an industry and you still argue.

do you even realize how that makes you look right now?

Sigh.

tax_gdp_1.gif

tax_inc_2.gif

tax_wage_3.gif

tax_emp_4.gif

I don't have time to hold your hand through economics 101.

-Whats surprising is you glossing over the corruption of the system and ignoring the point it wasnt designed to be manipulated as such, as well as other key points / questions that you did not answer.

Because it's not worth discussing with someone who doesn't understand a whit of the economics behind it all.

We don't disagree because there is nothing disagree on. You are wrong, I am right. The definition of trickle-down economics is simple. I'm not going to google for you to prove it. The fact that you conflate it with Keynesian economic policy even after I pointed out the differences is mind bottling. You don't have a clue as to what you're arguing.

Last edited:
Last edited:
My comma didn't register.

So, you still don't understand English, even when it's pointed out to you? "Neither aren't" means "both are".

I can think of 1.2 billion ways to fail that would be a lot less humiliating...

... wait, no I cant. I don't think I could even spend 1.2 billion in that time.

One Point Two Billion.

Billion. With a B.

Mind Bottling™.

Back