[request2]glowie skins contest

WildKnight

Veteran XV
this can be a contest, everyone make glowieskins and i will see if i can get col to make a poll of them all, whoever creates the most badass glowie skin wins 20 bucks via paypal.

rules are,

it has to be at least 80% glowie
you need to make the colors either tribe specific, or random colors (aka a pheonix should not be red glowie)
if you only make one tribes models you should make all 3 classes worth, or you can do 1 or 2 classes for each tribe. no half assing in this contest.

if public opinion shows interest i will hold a second skinning contest for vehicles.

good luck

ParoxysM said:
glowskinz hackz

i guess you are right.... i think. i mean i just like the glow in the game, but if it is really considered hacking to have it i guess no contest then.

although it's not like you would be able to see the glowing skin before they are already on your radar or plain view....

I've been thinking of throwing together a complete set of skins for a Tribe I'd invent for a bit now. While I wasn't particularly planning to make the skin straight up glowie, my intention was to have metal plated armour with the specularity maps including a selfillumination shader.

Reguarding the FPS Lag that would result, there would'nt actually be any difference. Once a SelfIllumination pass is already added to a skins shader, like all the current skins do have (visors glow, some beeping lights) it doesnt make a difference how much there is. The SelfIllumination pass is already being rendered by the engine, its just a matter of how much of it you choose to expose within the shader hierarchy.

What I am interested, however, is creating these skins for an already existing Tribe or Clan who would be able to get the most out of them. I'd be throwing together a full set for all the Tribe related items in the game, Male and Female sets, rank specific skins, along with vehicles, flags, and all the other junk. If anyone here plays in a large enough clan with enough dedication to the game for these skins to get a lot of usage, I'd be happy to tailor them for it.

I'm also thinking of throwing together a map or two to go along with the new "Tribe".

I've still got a bit of reading and experimenting to do with the UT engine, I've never edited with it in particular. But I should be ready to get started in another week or so. Reply if you're interested :)

While I'm not sure what process is used to determine which SelfIllumination maps are exposed or not within the games optimization menus', it apparently displays ALL SelfIllumination maps when set to UltraHigh, only the jetpacks when set to Medium, and none at all when set to Low/Off.

*edit* I forgot to add that the level of BumpMap detail and TextureDetail also determine which SelfIllumination maps get displayed. I'm going to look further into what exactly determines if the shader gets displayed or not, and if or if not you can edit this.

Last edited:
Back