Lets say your house/apartment burned down tomorrow

The value of my clothes, furniture and other stuff in my apartment is probably less than $3000 and I could cover that if it came to that.

That said I have been meaning to look into insurance anyway, but I'm not sure it would be worth it for the low amount of valuables I have. But if it's cheap, I'd still rather not pay to replace everything if insurance is cheap enough.

Without insurance? No way.

As it stands, I am probably slightly under insured. I would be able to replace essentials (clothing, furniture, appliances), but I would likely not be able to replace things like my DVD/Bluray or games collections.

Are you financially able to replace all your clothes, computer, pots/pans, bed etc without insurance?
Do you have insurance? Do you have enough to cover all your crap?

?????????????

reason i'm asking is a report just came out stating less than 3% of americans consider being adequately insured a top financial priority, when really, if you lose all your things, if you dont have them insured you are out of potentially a lot of money.

through college i had about 15k worth of crap
i dont think i could replace that even now.

Yes I'm insured enough to replace my house and the belongings, but one of the things I've come to realize is all that shit could disappear tomorrow - minus the stuff that's irreplaceable like family photos - and I really wouldn't give a shit. We put way too much emphasis on 'stuff' in our lives and not enough emphasis on just living.

Yes I'm insured enough to replace my house and the belongings, but one of the things I've come to realize is all that shit could disappear tomorrow - minus the stuff that's irreplaceable like family photos - and I really wouldn't give a shit. We put way too much emphasis on 'stuff' in our lives and not enough emphasis on just living.

clooney: now feel the weight of your backpack

arson is one of the only things insurance companies actually investigate and send people to jail over

just some tmyk stuff

well.... kind of...

they don't send you to jail, they just deny your claim.

the fire department sends you to jail, and does their own investigation on every fire.

what if you store oldspice in it and it turns off the sun but it gets too cold so it has to make a new sun DOUBLE SUN POWEERRR

well.... kind of...

they don't send you to jail, they just deny your claim.

the fire department sends you to jail, and does their own investigation on every fire.

well, ya. But i guess we 'go after' you too. Generally fraud is not a big priority and we let you go with a slap on the wrist (i disagree with this method, but hey, it is what it is). Arson gets the national insurance beruaeaeuoughx or whatever on your case and such. We compile evidence, send it to the state insurance department, where it gets picked up by the DA (maybe)

oh ya, for maximum stablilty in case of something catastrophic, take photos or videos of your entire house and all your possessions as documentation for proof after loss. And to help jog your memory

and if your stuff goes away and you get all that monay and dont want to replace it all, then that's your call. You're still entitled to the monnnnay

do you have the money to replace it, or would you suffer a significant financial set back in getting your things back?
$60 per pair of pants
~$40/50 for each shirt

do the math

Gosh! Gee ..............
yew neber herd ah "Goodwill, Salvation Army, Thrift stores? :shock:

Wear dat xpanseive shit wance...den.... ittsa "used"! :shrug:

My friend tyler burned down my apartment.
Now we formed a cool club.

Tyler ran away and i'm currently touring the country asking other club members about his whereabouts.

Wish me luck!

Back