Old
122 - 05-06-2009, 09:48
thats one cool cat

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
123 - 06-26-2009, 10:48
ok SO

Dr Brussard is dead. That sucks. However, his project got the go ahead by the us navy and $2 million to begin WB8 (wiffleball 8) experiments. This is another step in the right direction. If this experiment goes to plan, the basic premise of this technology will be more or less proven, and polywell fusion has a great chance at actually being viable.

we'll know in 2 years tops how it plays out. And in 2 years, if polywell is viable, the world will change.
12mx12m power plants that give out GWs of energy.

On a related note, a Dr. Woodward is currently looking into grav-ineritial energy drivers. This is more for you warp enthusiasts out there. They are moving along quite nicely and also have some experiments running that will come to fruition in 2 years or so. These are also to prove viability.

Exciting stuff in the high-tech end of our pathetic human world.

Last edited by Goshin; 06-26-2009 at 10:51..
old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
124 - 06-26-2009, 10:49
wtl;dr

[MoM] Gort
VeteranXX
Old
125 - 06-26-2009, 10:59
I predict that we will have fusion energy in two years. Then, right as we are on the cusp of having a cheap, renewable energy source we'll get pancaked by an asteroid.

God's funny that way.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
126 - 06-26-2009, 11:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
ok SO

Dr Brussard is dead. That sucks. However, his project got the go ahead by the us navy and $2 million to begin WB8 (wiffleball 8) experiments. This is another step in the right direction. If this experiment goes to plan, the basic premise of this technology will be more or less proven, and polywell fusion has a great chance at actually being viable.
Big Oil killed him.

D
VeteranXX
Old
127 - 06-26-2009, 11:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
ok SO

Didn't he die years before you made this thread?

Last edited by D; 06-26-2009 at 11:25..
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
128 - 06-26-2009, 11:31
it was a recap

Fling
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 11-03-2009, 15:00
bump

MajorChaos
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
130 - 11-03-2009, 15:13
dot for later

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
131 - 11-03-2009, 15:16
bump is, they're still working on WB-8 i believe. Navy gave them a $10 mill contract for proving the technology. We should know if this is viable by 2010-2011 at the lastest.
If it is, they get $200mill to build the first full scale demonstration, which should work if the viablity test works, then new power plants online by 2020 (and then we have clean, forever energy btw)
and space applications a little on later (2030)

those are conservative estimates and some thing a powerplant can be online by 2017 or so, with space following by a few years later

this coupled with a type of engine (EM drive) would make traveling the solar system a breeze.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
132 - 11-03-2009, 15:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fling View Post
bump
wheres the fling, fling?

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
133 - 11-03-2009, 15:46
EM?

Was reading about Ion drives recently. I wonder how much thrust a fusion reactor could give one of those things.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
134 - 11-03-2009, 16:23
same, up to 30K Isp (vasimir engine, most advanced ion drive right now)
It's more about the limits of the engine than the power source if you're applying polywell fusion to it
EM is, for all intensive purposes (), a grav inertial drive. basically...it's hard as **** to explain, and also sounds crazy and you'll call me an idiot for discussing it.

Anyway, it would allow for a goodly amount of near light speed travel (i think .2c)

maybe i'm getting confused...It's discussed in detail by guys who are actually running the experiements on some site i visit. They'll know more in a few years as well (2).

I'll re-read up on that drive, and Bussard's engine as well since he had designed a spaceship already using his power source

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
135 - 11-03-2009, 16:25
Can the EM drive power my Gundam?

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
136 - 11-03-2009, 16:33
Zaku II baby!

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
137 - 11-03-2009, 16:45
Goshin it is worth mentioning to people that there are at least 3 different theories in regards to creating a sustainable fusion reaction that are being developed right now. 3 that I know of at least.

There are many unknowns in fusion research and each method is competing with the next to be the first to bring us fusion power. I honestly hope the smaller projects succeed due to their designs. They will be easy to implement and bring us commercial fusion sooner then ITER ever will.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
138 - 11-03-2009, 17:05
ITER wont work.
Polywell fusion and ..IC fusion? I cant remember the 2nd one i know about..
but both of them are having tangible results in the small experiments field.

Jim Woodward's fusion design is the 2nd one i know about

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
139 - 11-03-2009, 17:08
it also worth noting that 50 years ago they said we would fusion power plants in 50 years

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
140 - 11-03-2009, 17:11
this isn't "mars in 30 years"
this is "we will know in 2 years wether these brands of fusion will work or not"

much more definitive
eat a dick durak

Page 7 of 33

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fusion power? YOU BET!

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
chrisperger johnson , goshin , goshin fucks men , goshin is unhappy irl , goshin science lesson , shirtless fatty , shit thread shit poster , tokamak is best