Thor (2017) aka taika waititi is the next kubrick

It was a good movie and funny but they kind didn't really have a balance between the comedy and action etc.

Alton it does make me wonder how they are going with Thor.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

At this point, if you're still "excited" about another rinse-and-repeat comic book hero hero movie, you're either retarded, a child, pathetic, or a combination thereof.

This movie was blatantly Deadpool'ified. I don't really care for the super hero movies, although this one wasn't bad. The whole thing felt like an outtake/blooper reel, but it was intentionally done that way. I was convinced that Rhett Reese/supergrover had written it because it felt so much like deadpool.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ragnarok, for all its inherent sillyness, more so because self-important Thor films have thus far come across as cumbersome and, at times, laughable, for the wrong reasons. Waititi embraced the daftness of the character and the universe and went with it. What lets the film down is the standard Marvel plotting. If they had a 100 minute cut that failed with audiences, it was likely because it was too po-faced without having a real emotional center to it. Waititi (and what he got out of his cast) made this film by adding in all the irreverence to bring some actual heart and dimension to the characters.

yeah. the redlettermedia boys made a good point about how the movie could be way better if they just stayed on the junk planet and it was about them escaping. the whole asgaard doomsday villain thing was boring and took away from what made the film so good, but is obviously necessary for a marvel movie

this whole 'thor... featuring planet hulk' was basically just a legal trick for marvel to make a hulk movie without actually making a hulk movie

marvel cant legally make a standalone hulk movie since universal still owns the rights to him

if not for 'the whole asgaard doomsday villain thing' this movie would have never existed

I loved the film but Hulk was sooooo different from other MCU movies. I loved the comedy bits with him but from trying to kill Thor to basically being a bully jock just moments later joking with Thor did feel off.

Movie was good, not amazing. About on the same level as Guardians 2. Worth the matinee price.

I wish they hung out on the junk planet with grand master Jeff Goldbloom more. The real plot was visually fun but incredibly overused. Nobody cares about the people of asgard. We care about Thor, the Hulk and Loki. Watching them just kind of hang out in the weird planet was awesome.

But no, we gotta go back to the tired plot of some super villain causing problems.
Honestly a movie just about Thor, Korg, Loki, Hulk and Valkyrie starting a revolution against Jeff G in that universe would have been awesome.

Back