[Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please] by telos - Page 225 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]
Page 225 of 229
triple
VeteranXV
Old
4481 - 04-13-2009, 07:12
Quote:
I think bringing a lawyer to this first meeting will cause more harm than help
this is only true if you are a lawyer and understand your rights. But im pretty sure you're not, so bring one.

Sponsored Links
telos
VeteranXV
Old
4482 - 04-13-2009, 08:13
If you read around, long thread I know, I have spoken to a few family friend lawyers and they all recommended going this first one alone. They gave me some pretty good points to stand on and tips but I won't be bringing them with the first time. Lawyers put people in a very defensive posture that isn't good for getting anything done with out taking a **** load of time and money.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
4483 - 04-13-2009, 10:40
there's a much longer time frame for pursuing this as a legal matter than there is for trying to work with Feldmann to resolve it quickly. We've been over it a thousand times in this thread and it's just a much better idea to try to deal with Feldmann in good faith first than to bring lawyers into it immediately.

I honestly think he can get more out of Feldmann without a lawyer than with one. If you bring lawyer in they get theirs, the shields go up and I really think it's a tough uphill legal battle. ****ty as it is, they have the legal right to do what they did.

I'll be writing a letter later today, I've been impressed with them so far.

CosmicBlend
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4484 - 04-13-2009, 12:02
I sent them an email using Zlex's pre-made email.

Viggy
VeteranXV
Old
4485 - 04-13-2009, 14:28
If the point hasn't already come up, you might want to note that resolving this fairly would not only avoid bad publicity, but they could easily come out way ahead PR-wise by publicly throwing the contest agency under the bus and awarding another prize to the honest guy screwed by their (agency's) shady practices. Adding that twist (of the year) to the story should garner actual local media interest, unlike a simple online giveaway.

Nemanach
VeteranX
Old
4486 - 04-13-2009, 14:29
There has to be someone on here that is good with statistics. Can someone mathematically show the incredible low probability that they gained 1k votes in the last hour of the contest? I'm taking a statistics class but I have no idea what I am doing. I am going to use that basic email that was written but I would like to emphasize the problems with their 1k votes in an hour.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
4487 - 04-13-2009, 15:03
its like 3 standard deviations from their normal gain(2.7 something i think is what it was what I played with it last week) in any other two hour long period where data was recorded. it is also double any of their other high days. Attacking the other couple is not the best way to go about this. Attacking the contest administrations lack of integrity for auditing both sides fairly is good though. It just so happens that the other couples records and voting tendencies are good facts to accompany this matter.

Really what should be questioned is the lack of a final tally in public view. Right now there is no way of knowing an audit was performed. For all we know they could have performed the audit and thrown out all of those potentially bot'd votes for them and still given it to them by throwing us out. If that audit did happen their methods are under less scrutiny but DQing me for voter actions is retarded since I have no control over voters and for all we know it was voters for another couple attempting to sabotage the TW effort. There is no proof of this either way but the mere fact that its a possibility should prevent a the DQ.

Nemanach
VeteranX
Old
4488 - 04-13-2009, 15:09
That's why I wanted to know. I am asking about their auditing process. At least our voting pattern has a good trend to it. If they are saying we are cheating because of whatever reason you have to look at them and wonder about something that statistically impossible. A large jump in anything like that would raise my eyebrow.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
4489 - 04-13-2009, 16:33
I added standard deviation information to the daily contribution data tab. Their final day was 3.2 Standard Deviations out. If it were normally distributed it would only have a .1% chance of occurring, its not normally distributed so there is an 11% chance according to mr. Chebyshev.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranXV
Old
4490 - 04-13-2009, 17:45
someone fill me in on what happened/is going on now

telos
VeteranXV
Old
4491 - 04-13-2009, 17:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
not quite it is more like

- Telos competes for free wedding
- TW ensures Telos wins said wedding (at the same time draws some negative attention to the team)
- The Contest Administration says 'lolwut' and disqualifies Telos & future bride
- Telos responds to find out what the deal is since the contest administration gave very little to back their claims of wrong doing.
-Contest administration doesn't clear anything up and says they will no longer respond to e-mails on the topic. They are in CA I can't exactly go there
- Other team says "YAY WE BEAT THE CHEATERS" TW goes nuts and some tards talk about blowing **** up AK-47 and crashing the wedding. Other team takes it seriously brother locks the thread on llamma as soon as phrozen questions anything about their actions.
-Telos opens A line of communication with Feldmann. They cooperate and set up a meeting from him and the GM sometime the week of the 13th.

thats the jist of it anyway. Its in third person because I was editing some one else's summary which wasn't quite accurate.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4492 - 04-13-2009, 19:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
If you read around, long thread I know, I have spoken to a few family friend lawyers and they all recommended going this first one alone.
You make it sound as though there is going to be a series of these. I doubt the other side sees it the same way.

After reading the better part of 5 thousand posts and as much help as I've been able to provide, I'm kind of tired seeing this thread at the top of the first page every day. No offense, I hope you somehow prevail.

Phrozen
VeteranXX
Old
4493 - 04-13-2009, 21:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
You make it sound as though there is going to be a series of these. I doubt the other side sees it the same way.

After reading the better part of 5 thousand posts and as much help as I've been able to provide, I'm kind of tired seeing this thread at the top of the first page every day. No offense, I hope you somehow prevail.
The legal option is not taken away any time soon even if this way fails.

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
4494 - 04-14-2009, 00:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
The legal option is not taken away any time soon even if this way fails.
The longer you wait to get to the legal option the more time they have to get their ducks in a row.

I promise you the real threat of the filing of a lawsuit the day after the disqualification would have resolved this already.

SoulHunter
VeteranX
Old
4495 - 04-14-2009, 01:16
I totally think you are going about it the right way telos

Rho
VeteranXV
Old
4496 - 04-14-2009, 10:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulHunter View Post
I totally think you are going about it the right way telos

telos
VeteranXV
Old
4497 - 04-14-2009, 14:30
well unfortunately the right way doesn't seem to have worked. They talked to their lawyers and were advised against meeting with me. Stupid lawyers always mess **** up.

So if any one is ready to get a website going let me know and I'll draft all the facts and tables into one PDF and let you run from there.

Nemanach
VeteranX
Old
4498 - 04-14-2009, 15:05
I sent an email close to the copy and paste email someone drafted in the OP. I just added the statistical data and mentioned that I am a Minneapolis resident and will recommend against Feldmann Nissan to everyone I know.

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4499 - 04-14-2009, 15:23
yeah, a website is totally going to ruin them.

contact a ****ing lawyer you retard

telos
VeteranXV
Old
4500 - 04-14-2009, 15:27
a lawyer won't do anything but make even more of a mess.

A site with the facts would bring the internet to their doorstep. Digg it ect and suddenly the second thing you see when you google feldmann nissan is that they hire companies with very little integrity and don't take action to correct it. There are a million Nissan dealers in the area so its easy enough to get people to go else where.

Page 225 of 229

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
defcon 1 , defcon 2 , fuck nissan , hack the gibson , nissan sucks traps , telos is a pussy , telos is spineless