[skybox] New skybox stuff

b65b47f27c612563fc5dc1a35ed0873defa3610841b5cc48339d64184da8b62d.jpg

at least 1 or 2 of those skies were mine but idc

i find skies are hard to get right and there were lots that i made and never posted or just dumped into a folder hoping someone else would tweak them right so its great that ur keeping it up

altho imo the skybox plugin is too unstable to use, would rather see well good well-made sky cylinder than an amazing but unstable box

what do you mean unstable? i guess the occasional failure to load but that happens along side the autoloader not working. I'm only use them in 512x512 tiles and they actually boost fps compared to the higher quality cylinders (so i've heard).

I think spherizing a two dimensional object would be the easiest way to make them look normal. However I'm not really sure how to do it.

this also brings up a good point. if we continue to lower our standards in this game as what we consider passable or "good enough" the game might not ever be what it deserves to become.

i had occasional crashes on launch with the skybox plugin. i'd say like 5 to 10% of the time i clicked the .exe, it would crash immediately

forget if there was an error of if it just crashed out, its been a while

but i clearly remember one time where it crashed like 10x in a row

when i gave ppl configs with it, they complained about similar issues

stopped using it, never had any crashes on launch since (unless files/textures are missing)

oh that... yeah then it idles as a dead process using up cpu...
i just end task and restart it again. kinda got used to it lmao

yeah that's the one

tbh all i really remember is that one time it did it liek 10x in a row and i raged so hard that i deleted the .dll and never touched it again

Lmfao! Yeah it'll keep doing that until you kill the bunk process. Furtantely I'm always checking what runs while I'm trying to game. Always shutting down process' that I don't want or need.

It does get annoying but I find bugs_ llama grab more infuriating.

Back