intel hd graphics and tribes

deadpimp

Veteran XV
Ok so I was just wondering has anyone else run into this little issue where when you start Tribes you get these white lines that come and disappear. It only happens with Tribes I have tried to disable the dpi scaling and everything but for some reason everytime i boot up sometimes the start screen all will just be nothing but white lines up until i enter the server then i will be ok but when i hit an inventory station the white lines come back... im running windows 10 and tribes 1.41

If anyone has a fix for this please let me know.

Yeah im sure there is no fix but I thought I would just ask... Just got my new comp wit the i5 so running an onboard graphics card until next week when i pick up the GTX 960 then those white lines will disappear but I was just thought i would ask. Thank you anyway

update: downloaded a non script gl config and everything seems to work ok while in game... start screen still acting up but i guess its something i will have to deal with for the time being

Running an Intel Iris something, but script gl always gave me horrific scan lines. Non-script GL has been fine, though.

i think certain textures also cause these lines im not too sure though but it seems as if some maps are better than others. but downloaded your 1.40 basic non script gl and it seemed to work for a little bit but the lines are back. also u should put jump jet on that config

Last edited:
different groove ;)

make sure you disable vsync in your intel options too

older intel drivers seemed to not run scriptGL at all, lockups on init

newer ones seem to at least work but have issues, i have a few intel vid laptops and i can't run scriptGL on them no matter what i try. one of them worked when i rolled it back to the factory image with win7 and ancient drivers.

tbh most modern drivers are soooo broken for older stuff, there's no testing at all done for older cards/games/opengl/dx. ATi's crimson drivers are equally fucked for scriptGL.

i think a lot of problems are also related to windows 8/10 DWM, usually other games fix this by running in fullscreen windowed mode or whatever, which i dont think tribes is capable of, and even if it was i'm pretty sure that vsyncs the game to your refresh which sucks for tribes

personally i suspect that the source of the issue is that intel cards have often used strange hacks to emulate support for certain openGL extensions that they didn't have in hardware

over the years of driver progression, i'm guessing they either dropped support for them entirely, or changed them enough that they no longer work properly.

heck, there was initially support for 1st gen intel Core video in windows 10 and after a few months MS and Intel basically said 'fuckit, we can't make this old hardware work right so we're going to say we don't support it anymore'

the drivers still exist and you can install win10 on those systems, but when you find something that doesn't work and ask for help MS and Intel say 'SORRY can't help, check HCL, 1st gen not supported!'

yeah i was actually gonna mention that the lack of options in intel vid settings, really makes it hard to troubleshoot :(

nvidia should still be fine for scriptGL, but yeah at this point i doubt it works on intel or amd drivers

tbh i don't know enough to say what the problem is really, im just guessing, it could be something simple. but i doubt it'll ever get fixed, tribes is 20 years old and scriptGL is like 6-7, neither are likely to play well with modern video cards or drivers

best way 2 run tribe is legacy hardware legacy OS legacy drivers

It's seems that windows 10 killed tribes and there's no one able to reforge the game somehow to fix that bug. According to groov that win8 fix solves this issue. Perhaps it did with some for some reason. At this point I'm actually thinking about bothering NoFix and call for his aid...

Edit: lemon you scum why don't you help fixing this shit

Dear Anubis,

Perhaps there is a language barrier and you're not understanding correctly. My Windows 8/10 PLUGIN FIX fixes PLUGINS not loading. It doesn't FIX any other Windows 8 or 10 related issues. Only PLUGINS (.dlls in your /plugins folder that are loaded by rasadhlp.dll) are affected. If you have mouse issues, resolution issues, DPI issues, vsync issues, scriptGL issues, or graphics drivers problems - the PLUGIN FIX will probably not help. It is not a 'fix for all things windows 8/10'.

IF you are using the old pluginfix EXE, switching to the pluginfix REG might cure some issues associated with the old, bad EXE fix, but imo you seem to be having some other graphic related problem that neither will help. You may be using the standard MS video drivers, and may need to update them from your manufacturer, or you may need to try older versions instead.

Maybe even a fresh install of Windows 10 will fix your problem, i dont know. It's up to you to decide how far you're willing to go to try to fix it.

You can always try changing your video card or rolling back to Win7, if your machine is having trouble with Tribes maybe its just not cut out to run Win10 anyways (the 'minimum requirements' are total bullshit imo and you need a modern system to run 10 properly).

Sincerely
Gruvles McButt

well there are now 9 generations of intel HD graphics, with varying specs and capabilities between desktop and laptop models

and a basically unlimited combination of those iGPUs with different drivers

so yeah, results will vary

Back