Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

use some of those nade jump demos etc

get a separate server to train newbies

have ucl and stork run a tribes camp in server

boom

edit-- don't taunt dutch like that.

disk i was hoping you had clips of you performing clutch nade jumps, not repeated nade jumps to your death on hillking

Hi
I did this revival before in shifter. Had massive 300 person aim list and gathered 20-30 ppl daily for pickups. Shifter was a small community anyway so this was a major nerd effort on my part when I was 15.

Imo I think focusing on the mods is a bad idea. There is too much to cover for a guides.

I think L T has the infastructure to retain people.
Tribalwar forums r a good place
We would need demos to be organized
U can easily recruit a few top notch ppl or get good demos for a movie here

It would be awesome to have gamers viewing these vids be direcetced to these forums as well as branzone 4 server stuff and irc for community shit

The video would attract stable players if it focused on the compeititve side of the L T game vs gimmicky cool flashy shit.

It would be amazing to have 20 more L T addicts vs 100 newfie faggots thtat lerave after a month$

All I'm saying is u gotta take care of ur sheep 4 the lord is they

Fuck yall I am gonna get ineternet soon and not have to post off my phone
The nu will all know who is jin rah

Ps if u r gonna do this u better do it to be the hugest best video uve ever doen

U say tribe is ur favorite game well u better do a fucking job like it ur favorite game then nigga cuz there r ppl on these forums that will kill u

And they r watcjing this shit

So make ur utube video for 30k nerdvirgins, thx dood!l

I do, or i could make some more. There is definitely more than enough to inspire interest.

im sure a 45 second video showing 8 of the same nade jumps is going to attract a shitload of people who have never played before

jesus christ disk

His phone must be crazy.

Anyways, head to #hackington and forget about these forums. Most of the people here doesn't even play this game anymore and they naturaly doesn't care shit about it.

Also I think it would be cool if we used autoaim in the video to do stand d on dx. Imagine how cool it would be to have 2 d vs 5 o and the 2 d have autoaim!

Great for a promo video imo.

Opsayo is bitter he played tribe every day for ten year and I still better than him. Hey opsayo how many 3 some u have with 20 year old girl today???? 723747446666 LOL eat a cock scumlord

cc bb i am the #1 always will be that is crown u cant take away no matter if uf ucking black girls or not so hahahahahahahahahahah

like i said before if u have some cool or sick or clutch nade jumps that would be cool but going into a pub and doing the same nade jump over and over is not the same thing

You got to promote Base, not LT. They see LT and they'll run. New players usually get attracted to mods not competitiveness when they can barely play. I can see all the vets bashing the noobs for being noobs.

Done right this could bring a lot of people into the game-why? 90,000 subscribers. Percent would say that hundreds, thousands will join with in a short time. 1% is 900. Id take 1%....I would take .5 of a 1% of his "followers""

Keeping them is were the plan has to come into effect. The game has to be shown as a game that is teamwork based. You need to get people that want to be part of teams and play to beat other teams. Merly getting people to pop ino a public server (only a few right now) and try it will not work very well. The post, the thread, the videos need to explain that this game takes teamwork. You play 1 position of "10" but at the same time you're one position can make a HUGE impact. It will take time to learn the jet pack. The learning curve needs to be explained. Explain that the game IS old, and this is a opportunity to show ALOT of people Tribes that were 10 year's old when it came out- or younger. To show people that just never heard of it but were old enough to play when it was going on.

Reguardless of how "old" it is. If you have neve seen if before, why would you care? If it was fun, why would you care? You wouldn't. All gamers care about is playing with other gamers and shooting things.

If I had never seen Tribes and tried it today the age would not matter to me. If it is fun, it is fun. It is still fun to MA someone btw :)

Imagine if they put 10 million + into advertising Tribes when it came out. I think it was 0.00

To answer a few things:

1) The first video will focus first on base, just because base will be the easiest way to get the concept of the game across: trying to focus first on LT will just make people think "besides the jetpack and large landscapes, why do I want to play this?"

Most games coming out nowadays are rife with weapons, classes, lots of customization and so forth.

This leads into #2:

2) I am definitely going to cover all of the major mods: I could probably cover all of the weapons, armor, deployables, packs, grenade/beacon/mine differences for a given mod within 5 or so minutes.

A lot of my viewers are very high-stimulus people, meaning they've been playing games for years that send barrages of stimulus and input to their faces/hands/feet, so blowing through all of that in 5 minutes will be more than enough time for them to understand. That, and there's always the pause button.

3) That said, i'm also going to cover LT just as much as I will any of the other mods, but since there won't be much to cover as far as weapons and armors and all that goes, this is where i'd probably use the pro clips from, and try to give off the angle that LT is the "pro players" mod, where crazy shit like mid-air flag passing goes on. This will ensure that the LT players will get (probably) mostly experienced FPS players and people who are into high levels of difficulty, whereas the less skilled players will probably start on base or one of the mods.

4) A lot of my viewerbase, as well as just gamers in general nowadays love customization, lots of options and so on. This is another reason i'm going to feature mods, but i'm not going to give any one mod more air-time than another.

Percentage-wise, the three or so videos i'm going to do will probably look like this:

40% = Base
50% = Mods (including LT)
10% = Advanced techniques, clips of pro players doing ridiculous stuff, either in it's own video or intersected within other videos

People learn best when there is an identifiable "core" to base their learning off of, and in this case the reason i'm featuring base so significantly is because once i've put it into their heads how all of the main features of the game work, like generators, inventory, deployables, etc. then understanding the other game types will come much easier.

I know LT is an exception to this, but again I plan to handle that differently than the other mods, as noted above.

Finally, as far as making it known that teamwork and such is a big deal, i'll try to do that for sure: I remember when Tribes 1 first came out and people were really acting as a team even on pub servers, and i'll definitely point out that there are given "roles" within most teams, such as:

-Building defense
-Repairing defense
-Destroying enemy defense (offense)
-Flag cappers/carriers
-Snipers (only on some maps)
-Building remote bases (complete with defense, all of that)

and so on. I'd also go into sub-roles, like how you could destroy their offense blatantly with a Heavy (or in mods, whatever heavy armors there are), or use a weaker, cloaked/sensor jammed/chameleon armor and take out defense covertly, planting mines along the way, so on.

Hope that answered a lot of the questions, right now i've got two huge college assignments going on as well as my own projects i'm working on, music videos etc. but i'll try to get to this as soon as possible, I should be able to start work on it definitely before October ends.

will you be recording with hudbot or just the stock look?

I was just going to record with the 1st person view, never used the hudbot before. Could you tell me more about it?

And also, what did you mean when you said to make "full installs": isn't the leaked beta basically everything you need or? Not being sarcastic, i really am wondering if there's a difference or if I just misunderstood.

One thing I want to do is try to simultaneously "sell" the game to be like OMFG FUCKING AWESOME and also not "lie" about any of it. So more than likely i'd like to try staying away from anything that wouldn't automatically come with the install or leaked version, so that people wouldn't download and be like "OMG WHERE DIS AT U LIE GAME SUX" or whatever.

I made a post on my twitter, linking the beta, and that i'm going to do videos for it, got a few people interested already if you check my @ replies:

azuritereaction (azuritereaction) on Twitter

Back