ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

I don't care about Legions. I wish they'd "fix" T2 officially with a new build based on updated TGE and do something about the authentication issues so we don't need TribesNext.

I was really looking forward to Tribal Wars though, because the ET:QW engine can look really nice.

It's been an honor just to be in Eugene and meet ex-Dynamix guys. GG is an awesome place full of really good guys.

Since I cant share or say anything about Legions at all, I'll just post something I did a little before I came.

1240603734.voltemand_legoinsfinal2.jpg

Just hang out for now

Where have I heard bullshit like this before...

:picard2:

The basic run down of things is that I've been waiting on certain aspects of the netcode to undergo some changes. Some of us who have been working on the project have been very busy lately and that kinda goes hand in hand with some of the E3 stuff that was happening earlier this month.

The project has been in holding pattern for the last while, but we're going to be picking up development later this month, and if things go well I should be able to finish it sometime in the fall. Outside of the netcode refinements, there isn't that much that is really delaying a release.

It's kind of unfortunate that things get slowed down like this, and if it were up to me, there would have been something released already. Still, it's not a full time job and some level of patience needs to be exercised with any type of these projects. I've been working on some other things likely, but as soon as some of the programming stuff resumes I'll work on some of the remaining art assets and start putting in regular updates again. I hope you guys understand.

I don't care about Legions. I wish they'd "fix" T2 officially with a new build based on updated TGE and do something about the authentication issues so we don't need TribesNext.

I was really looking forward to Tribal Wars though, because the ET:QW engine can look really nice.
I would much prefer it on TGEA. If I get bored enough, I might even attempt to do so.

...bleh...
You're still alive?!

Tribes is dead ... No wait really thats why you and a dozen other lurkers spend countless minutes snooping around in a thread called Tribes Talk.
There was me thinking this was "Trives Talk"...

I would much prefer it on TGEA. If I get bored enough, I might even attempt to do so.

I'd like to see that.

IMHO Arcanox...what you have in Tribal Wars looks great...but I think it would be a more valuable if you spent time working with Ilys or someone else on a project that wasn't a "mod".

I'd like to see that.

IMHO Arcanox...what you have in Tribal Wars looks great...but I think it would be a more valuable if you spent time working with Ilys or someone else on a project that wasn't a "mod".
we already have one of those, it's called Ascension and it's been failing for 4 years straight now

we already have one of those, it's called Ascension and it's been failing for 4 years straight now
Asscension is "Tribes-inspired" Renegaydes. The whole point to all the "Tribes-inspired" games so far is that they are NOT meant to be Tribes, just cheap knock-offs with little added value or gameplay.
I'd like to see Tribes2 on a new, shiny engine with no changes to gameplay. It would certainly be much easier than replicating Tribes, since TGE and TGEA are still very close to the Torque used for Tribes2.
Yes it is a complete waste of time and money, and yes Tribes is dead, but I couldn't give a fuck about that.

Asscension is "Tribes-inspired" Renegaydes. The whole point to all the "Tribes-inspired" games so far is that they are NOT meant to be Tribes, just cheap knock-offs with little added value or gameplay.
I'd like to see Tribes2 on a new, shiny engine with no changes to gameplay. It would certainly be much easier than replicating Tribes, since TGE and TGEA are still very close to the Torque used for Tribes2.
Yes it is a complete waste of time and money, and yes Tribes is dead, but I couldn't give a fuck about that.
The flaw in that plan is that you'd end up with Tribes 2.

Back