ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

I have heard from a guy working on the team that all they need is some textures, everything else is basically done in terms of what they need for a beta. Get on it, suckers!

Most of the aspects of the project are complete, but we're working away on some of the technical bits regarding the projectiles. That's mostly what's causing the delay in the release and any updates but it's expected to be sorted out by this summer.

If I'm going to be publicly releasing something, I want to make sure it's done properly and that there aren't fundamental faults with the way the game handles in a networked environment. I've also been a little busy working on other material that's unrelated to the project, but I'll be able to return to work on the mod in a short while and wrap up all of the artwork.

I might do an update later this week and show off some of the grenade and mine stuff, and perhaps try to get some of the level work that's been completed added and compiled into the map.

Most of the aspects of the project are complete, but we're working away on some of the technical bits regarding the projectiles. That's mostly what's causing the delay in the release and any updates but it's expected to be sorted out by this summer.

If I'm going to be publicly releasing something, I want to make sure it's done properly and that there aren't fundamental faults with the way the game handles in a networked environment. I've also been a little busy working on other material that's unrelated to the project, but I'll be able to return to work on the mod in a short while and wrap up all of the artwork.

I might do an update later this week and show off some of the grenade and mine stuff, and perhaps try to get some of the level work that's been completed added and compiled into the map.
I hope you realize that what's going to happen is 100 people tops will try your mod for a couple weeks, then most of them will leave because it's "not Tribes".

I hope you realize that what's going to happen is 100 people tops will try your mod for a couple weeks, then most of them will leave because it's "not Tribes".

I'm not fooling myself into believing that this is going to be the next big thing and will be "better" than T:V by leaps and bounds.

I'm more concerned with the creation process, and the challenge that comes along with making something like this. I hope that some people like it, and get some measure of enjoyment... and if there's some small following or whatever then I'd be thrilled. Regardless of what happens though, I come away with a decent experience and I gave the whole thing a fair shot.

I think Arcanox has bigger endeavors with this mod then you may understand. A project like this goes great on a portfolio and enhances your ability to attract a job in the industry.

Last edited:
Back