Looking for a new game 'like Tribes to play?

Random150 said:
Check the design to see what it will be exactly

http://design.renwerx.com/
I noticed your tree does not contain an appropriate section to describe player physics. Things like walking, running, jumping, jetting, skiing, and combinations of those actions need to have their behaviors clearly defined. There's also encumbrance, drag, friction, and terminal velocity to discuss.

IMO, the physics in T:V are ridiculous.

Or just blackmail them and say we either get the places to return all their games or they give us all the rights to the T1 Source.

MR Dice said:
So I went into the planetside forum to post.
Wow that is one slowassed forum you have there. :ugh:
Unfortunately I couldn't find any FAQ's,
or any threads that dealt with my noobishness.:ugh:

Can you help me out GreyFlcn?

Signed: NOT IMPRESSED SO FAR.

Well, there was some issues they had back in the day with people using trial accounts to spam the forum.
So yeah, you need a full on legit account to post on the forum.

Ah yeah, should be a new patch coming out, tonight :)
LOTS of new Teamplay aspects, Performance enhancements, and generally an awesome patch.

I posted in the Technical Help section for ya though:
http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/board/message?board.id=pstechsupport&message.id=45480

Little busy right now with HW, but if it's still a problem tommorow night, I'll create another trial myself and set it up for ya.

Last edited:
^Py^ said:
I noticed your tree does not contain an appropriate section to describe player physics. Things like walking, running, jumping, jetting, skiing, and combinations of those actions need to have their behaviors clearly defined. There's also encumbrance, drag, friction, and terminal velocity to discuss.

Ok, now post a link to the new sections of the tree that you've contributed that list all those things.

ScratchMonkey said:
Ok, now post a link to the new sections of the tree that you've contributed that list all those things.
Sorry, I misread Random150's post and assumed he was affiliated with RenWerx and thus might have the authority to make those changes to the tree.

Suggestion moved to the appropriate location.

Good question the only use I could see for having the source would be to modify it to use other Master servers I guess.

donnykrun said:
Good question the only use I could see for having the source would be to modify it to use other Master servers I guess.

You don't need the source to do that, you can already do it.

Or you can just import a text file of servers.

the use for having source would be to have new graphics with the perfect tribes 1 physics and add new game modes and change shit exactly how you want it would be the best solution to us all wanting a new game/mod thing

poisonspider said:
the use for having source would be to have new graphics with the perfect tribes 1 physics and add new game modes and change shit exactly how you want it would be the best solution to us all wanting a new game/mod thing

Why not just use Torque?

poisonspider said:
tribes already has the perfect physics and is a great engine plus its like all-allready written and done for us

Yep, right up until we start tearing it apart to add new graphical features to an engine that probably can't even support the necessary infrastructure required for such things.

If any of that made any sense.

The people need to release it on p2p networks with a readme that says "OMG I H4XED this from Garage GAMES!"

Their hands would be clean.... then again we couldn't legally do anything with it

THIS
NEEDS
TO
BE
RELEASED

There's gotta be a way they can recover the code THEY coded.
this + the marweas project would = HAPPY RABIES

planetside is cool, but:

dead boring after a month. It's just missing something in terms of reward.

the devs mess with all the settings CONSTANTLY. terribly frustrating.

There is already a "spirtual successor" to Tribes

It is called Legends. Its funny because 2 years ago, the worst thing that could happen for Legends was the announcement of T:V. Now it seems the best thing to happen for Legends was the release of T:V.

I read through all of Marweas' thread. Its a solid plan from a guy who knows the ins and outs of the business. Something a lot of us really have no idea about.

However, I dont see the point in finding investors for a brand new game. I think the best thing you can possibly do with invested money would be to put it towards a SERIOUS effort to fix Legends the way it should be. They have a fucking awesome base for a game. It needs a lot of polishing and some serious support. These guys have made it a labor of love for what, three years or more?

It seems to me the whole point of the Marweas thread was to find a game that could be developed to the spec of the community. A game for the players by the players. Well shit, thats the exact definition of Legends.

You put money into porting the code to the Torque 2 engine(when it comes out dunno if it has yet)You get serious mappers/modelers with experience to make it look like a polished professional game(no offense to the team, I like and respect them all, but this is the biggest problem I see for the game.) In a years time, with the proper support, you would have your polished game that everyone has been looking for since T2 was announced.

Also, it would be unprecedented, but thats not important. Plus, I think those Legends guys deserve to make some money on their game. It is very good, and is even compatible with Linux, which would help make it even more successful.

All Im saying is, if youre going to amass some money for a Tribes rebirth project, then all you have to do is help Legends become polished up, and we could have it sooner rather than later.

DipStick said:
It seems to me the whole point of the Marweas thread was to find a game that could be developed to the spec of the community. A game for the players by the players. Well shit, thats the exact definition of Legends.

You're argument is appealing. However, there's a legends guy running around this forum with a "we're not tribes" attitude. People want Tribes, in spirit if not in name. Also, what if Marweas's call to action generates actual interest and support, what kind of concessions to the public such as Marweas is encouraging is Legends willing to make? Or is it, hi, help us finish our not-tribes game?

Back