I'm tired. I need a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh :eek:

Well, not much to say.
Thanks for making an enjoyable Tribes game.
Thanks for you efforts in making it.

Stay safe and get a new job :p
<3

I recall Thrax WAY back when saying, if the game does well he'll be holed up at a beach house somewhere off the Pacific, otherwise he'd be looking for another job..

I for one, sincerely hope to see you at the beach!!

GL and God Bless, Thrax!

:heart:

Thrax Panda said:
A little over Three years ago Marweas and I hatched a devious plan to bring the Tribes Franchise back from the dead. With the help of the community and Garage games we patched T2; we finished Tribes: Aerial Assault which had languished under eight previous producers; and we kicked off Tribes: Vengeance.

A little time line for you:

• November 2001 - Marweas announces our intention to make a T2 patch. The negotiations mentioned were of course with Garage Games.
  • January, 2002 - Irrational signs on to make what was then called Tribes: Story.
  • December, 2002 - Marweas poetically informs TW that the game has made it past the last green-light hurdle and is in full production (his announcement is several months late).
  • February, 2004 - Marweas is laid off. 692 posts of 99.9% pure love. Time to meet the new guy.
  • April, 2004 - Luc Vanhal leaves VUG. It's only worth 59 replies on TW.
  • April, 2004 - VGB Scr8pin - 121 posts. Scr8pin > Luc Vanhal.
  • June, 2004 - Vivendi announces more layoffs and the closure of the Sierra studios (where I work). My first meaningful post (few and far between) comes on page 5 (#84).
  • August, 2004 - Open beta released. Many people enjoy it. Pocketgamer develops a fixation on hopping vs sliding.
  • Tomorrow, Friday September 17 - Just a few short weeks before Tribes will hit the shelves my time has run out. I was given a 90 day extension to stay on at Sierra (the building has been nearly empty for a month now) and finish Tribes. We're now in a great position, ready to ship, and I'm confident that the team in Australia will do a fantastic job finishing the game.

It's been a pleasure. I'm tired. I need a rest. As a member of Sierra and the Tribes Development team, goodbye.

I just want to send you a heart filled Thank you for all your dedication and sacrafice to bring us some really kick ass and fun games to play. I have loved every ounce of all the Tribes games and I do consider myself lucky to have been a part of it. God speed and best of luck to you in all your lifes endeavors. Don't be a stranger, see you on the high road.

Jason Hotchkiss
AKA: FreshMeat

As a last act of defiance...tell us if there will be an open beta patch..

o, and I hope you get a job at EA games or something..at least they're jobs are more stable :blueblob:

Thrax- thanks for all your work in reviving the tribes franchise. i feel bad that i left VUG QA before i could help with testing T:V but after playing the beta i think everyone involved has done a great job

best of luck to you wherever you end up

Thrax Panda said:
2nd.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there will (obviously) be somebody replacing me. If he's smart he'll never post here, if he does post here, treat him better than you treated Scr8pin. Remember that he (and there is no way I'm giving up his name) and Menzo will be your greatest allies within VU Games. Don't squander those resources. Cultivate them.

Wait a minute, what the fsck. I finally start loving up to you and accepting you, and you go away? You fscking lush, dig a hole.

Anyways, if you are leaving, whatever the hell you do, have fun doing it. I'm assuming you've been having fun here, considering how frequent you post. <3

Thrax,
Thanks so much for everything. You always listened to feedback, and I could always count on getting answers from you when reading the dev tracker. I hope you stay involved in the community and I hope I can meet you sometime at future lan events. Thanks for saving Tribes!

Ride the unemployment for the distance dude, hopefully will meet ya in many of our dimly lit bars in the 206 area code. Ill buy ya one!, best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back