[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

Getting there...still lot to learn.

workinprogress3.jpg

Looking good Santa, keep up the good work bro :bigthumb:

If you want someone to help test the map down the road give me a yell in irc.

i would prefer if you would make REMAKES not COPIES.

whats with some water piles in DX holes, the bridge being destroyed and laying around, some trees, rocks and another terrainskin? snow? desert?

Are there any fixed automated defenses (turrets) available to mappers? Both T1 & T2 had at least one or two large turrets per base.

I know some T2 maps were insane with a dozen turrets on some larger bases - I'm just thinking of stuff like Raindance (2 turrets), DC (1 turret), Katabatic (2 turrets) - nothing nuts. Made it so that offense had to have a bit more strategy if they wanted to try and own a base (talking pub play). Probably woudn't affect cappers much, if auto turrets are even possible.

And what about bot support - obviously ut supports bots - don't know if they can handle jet packs though, so they might be useless even for test playing maps.

Last edited:
Staples said:
Are most of you guys using recycled textures from the base maps?

Yah. But I have UT2k4 which has alot of textures, and I download maps from UT2k4 (mods too) that have unique textures that I might want to use in the future.

Challenge said:
I'd like to see Sanctuary and Recalescence.
i hope to God you're kidding

the only T2 maps worth remaking are Damnation (by far the best), Surreal, Minotaur, Beggar's Run, Feign, WoodyMyrk, Pandemonium, Beach Blitz, and DBS. any of these would make fantastic maps in T:V.

Drifts, Titan, Sandstorm, and Abaddon are maybes.

Santa said:
Yah. But I have UT2k4 which has alot of textures, and I download maps from UT2k4 (mods too) that have unique textures that I might want to use in the future.
so.......... you're stealing work from other's user created maps? :roller:

blast of death said:
so.......... you're stealing work from other's user created maps? :roller:

I'd take meshes if I could, but its just textures. I see no harm in it. I might alter them a little...I'm sure everyone does that.

So... when is somebody going to try and give each base the respective tribe aesthetic? These are all looking pretty boring. Not necessarily boring gameplay-wise, but quite boring visually.

santa you may not see harm in using textures from ut2k4 or ut2k4 mods, but modders will certainly be upset, and epic will take legal action

Back