Tuning changes for 05, open beta

Did Vug even confirm that FP was doing this?
Must have missed it if they did.
Still a tricky deal in my mind. The only way i would pay $7 which is like $50 here in Canada, is if i got a cd copy.

Edit Btw.. its now 11.95 for 3 months

Last edited:
Emerica said:
Did Vug even confirm that FP was doing this?
Must have missed it if they did.
Still a tricky deal in my mind. The only way i would pay $7 which is like $50 here in Canada, is if i got a cd copy.

Edit Btw.. its now 11.95 for 3 months

Thrax confirmed this about a month ago.

The changes are good, but what is the logic behind the non-diskable flag? it makes games like rabbit and CTF a huge pile of dead bodies around the unmoved flag. far far far too easy to camp and mortar spam the flag with heavies right now.

vehicles arent going to be too bad guys. you have to be playing to understand how slow and cumbersome they are now to realize that ramming will be hard to do.

Overall, i still feel that balance is off. The mortar fire is still far too long-range for such a small map. even on the largest of our test maps. I really feel like the turrets need AI to help hold back the easy rape charge of heavies and also to make them a more viable target and thus actually not be completely ignored is now the case. nobody is using them.

The shield pack is still silly. lights are able to disk-jump across the map with it. essentially, making it possible (and popular) to walk quickly through an entire 3 man defense, take disks without dying, and diskjump out of range over and over and over - making for shutout games.

The idea that the zoom controls are not up to the standards of the previous two games is a pretty shameful example of total incompetence. what the fuck are you guys doing?? nerfing the skill curve by cutting the usability of zoom controls??

-A- ...Lost? said:
The changes are good, but what is the logic behind the non-diskable flag? it makes games like rabbit and CTF a huge pile of dead bodies around the unmoved flag. far far far too easy to camp and mortar spam the flag with heavies right now.

The shield pack is still silly. lights are able to disk-jump across the map with it. essentially, making it possible (and popular) to walk quickly through an entire 3 man defense, take disks without dying, and diskjump out of range over and over and over - making for shutout games.

Discing a flag allows defenses to disc it into unrecoverable areas, slowing down gameplay and making a mockery of good defense.

You exaggerate on the light/shield pack combo. Even with a shield pack, a light can't walk through a defense taking multiple discs and then disc jump away. If you believe that, you either haven't tried it yourself or you really suck at defending.

Dark|Dragon said:
Shut up. The devs have put a lot of work into making this game awesome. Stop whining about $7. I'm sure Fileplanet accepts other currencys.

People willingly shell out $7 to see a movie that'd probably suck anyways, and it only lasts for 2 hours. Well I get to play Tribes: Vengeance a week earlier then everyone else and get it until release.

Someone said it before, bandwidth doesn't grow on trees.
yeah, but i don't have a credit card and i don't know how 2 pay wiith Paypal, can u explain me that? :cat:

KillerONE said:
You're thinking Gamespy.

Also, Gamespot does have exclusive stuff for download, it's part of their "Gamespot Complete" that you have to pay for.

True. But Gamespot exclusives are usually content created in-house, such as video reviews.

Plus, GS does not take steps to DRM their exclusives. However, FP installs various pieces of DRM software when you install many of their exclusives.

Fool said:
Discing a flag allows defenses to disc it into unrecoverable areas, slowing down gameplay and making a mockery of good defense.

You exaggerate on the light/shield pack combo. Even with a shield pack, a light can't walk through a defense taking multiple discs and then disc jump away. If you believe that, you either haven't tried it yourself or you really suck at defending.

your opinion on my feedback and opinion is just that...an opinion. thats my opinion. Fool is a capper. im a flag defender. interesting how u felt the need to speak up in defense of a favorite exploit.

if anyone is capping and making it back to their flag across the map in a shield pack, in any build of Tribes since 1999...it needs adjustment.

stick your opinion of my opinion up your ass, fool

Back