News: Marweas Parts from Vivendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm concerned Marweas was the only visible face from Sierra that opened up the sky and took a peak in our world. I hope he set a good example for the rest of those who deal with this franchise because no one else cared enough to do the right thing like Alex has done.

He was someone who wasn't afraid to take a chance and keep the ideals of those who mattered: The community. He listened and he cared.

That speaks volumes.

The tribes community owes him a debt of gratitude! <3

Last edited:
Theta said:
Yeah, you're right. If someone can sell a shit game like T2, imagine what they can do to a (hopefully) better game.

:rofl:
That's what exactly what went through my mind when Thrax posted those figures.

Best of luck Marweas - you are much loved and appreciated. Sierra is cutting off its nose to save its face. While I wish your successor the best, he will never recreate the reservoir of good will that you engendered through your personal commitment, honesty, and humor.

You connected with the Tribal community in a personal, selfless way. Few Brand Managers, in any discipline, connect with their market as you did. Thank you for being instrumental in saving a game I (we) love. I have no doubt that absent your leadership Tribes would be dead as a franchise.

Keep a stiff upper lip - good things are coming. Being laid off may be the best thing that ever happened to you. I know that being laid off from my last job allowed me to find my (current) dream job. Had I not been laid off, it would have taken me at least 5-10 years longer to achieve my current position.

Here is one of my favorite Chinese fables. It helps me keep perspective through both good and bad.

"What appears to be a curse may be a blessing"
As told by storyteller Joel ben Izzy...

There is a story of a man who acquired a beautiful horse. All his neighbors told him how lucky he was to have gotten such a wonderful possession and they exclaimed "What a blessing has come to you!" The man responded by saying, "What seems like a blessing may be a curse," and his neighbors did not understand what he meant.

One morning, the man awoke to find that the beautiful horse had disappeared. His neighbors went to console him on his loss. He responded by saying "What seems like a curse may be a blessing," and again they were puzzled by his statement. Time passed and the horse returned, bringing with him an entire herd of beautiful horses. His neighbors congratulated him on his good luck and once again he replied "What seems like a blessing may be a curse."

One day his son was thrown from the back of one of the horses and broke his leg. When his neighbors came to support the man and commiserate with him about his son's injury, he said, "What seems like a curse may be a blessing."

Soon afterward, all of the young men in the village were conscripted to fight in a war in another land. All, except this man's son, who could not go because of his broken leg.

So in summary, I wish you many fine horses and a broken leg =).

<3

Holy shit this sucks, marweas kept tribes alive... No other person involved in development of ANY game has had this much interaction with the community. I r sad :\

So what plans do you have for the future? and WHO offered a better job then Sierra? :-\

It's sad to see you go, you were the main link between Sierra and TW. Best of luck in the future.

WOW, this definitly sucks. Sorry to hear of this Alex. I hope whatever door opens for you now will bring lots of joy and $$$$ into your life. I remember speaking to you one of the first days you came around on the t2 in game chat.. when they where having the "wtf happened to our shitty game" chats. You definitly impressed the hell out of me with all of your actions since then. You did a real good job of listening and embracing the people that pay (paid) for the game. I would agree with Ryan that you have been one of the top contributers to the tribes franchise, and without you I would doubt it would even have a future.

Good Luck Alex!

:heart:

I'll miss ya' weasel.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, and please let us know what they are once you embark on them!

(stewie=1)
Blast!! In his leaving the weasel insulted us. The bastard called us NICE. (stewie=0)

Sad to see you not part of the show any more Alex but I AM glad to hear that you're gonna be sticking around with us monkeys though. Hey, now you can take the gloves off and really be part of the Twar melee. Regardless, we all owe you ... a LOT. I think the IG dudes should put an easter egg in the game in your honor. :bigthumb:

Dear new dude aka 'Scr8pin',

Don't ... touch ... ANYTHING. Hands off. Take all you learned from Dave G (if anything) and forget it. Good boy.

Love always,
Tribalwar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back