OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

I'm concerned that this weapon will encourage players to sit back and fire rockets, rather than join in the close battle.

We now have 3 go-oob-and-shoot weapons: Mortar, Laser, and now this.

However, I love the idea of mobile spawn points. IMHO, it is a new strategic option which allows players to get into action faster. I don't see it as a distraction from the flag game.

BodyShoT said:
You sir need to learn how to read. LO can't carry the rocketpod.

So they'll be in medium/heavy armour making them harder to kill, the point is still the same, the ability to guide rockets from range requires very little skill and unless they're incredibly slow to manuver it'll be very deadly; you only need to have seen the NC Phoenix in PS to know how fucked up guided missiles are :)

Wowz! Awesome vid, it looks like T:V is turning into a fun game. I think the rocket pod looks great...much more fun to use than I imagined. Bottom line I won't make any more judgements until the game is in my hands.

leadhome_101003.jpg

Data said:
Marweas:

If you want me to like this game, and get excited about it, STOP GIVING EXCLUSIVE RELEASE RIGHTS TO GAMESPOT FOR T:V VIDEOS.

Who then? Not like you guys are in love with Gamespy either. It's got to be someone BIG so non-Tribes fans see them. It's hard to beat front page of Gamespot for broad exposure.

sender said:
Wowz! Awesome vid, it looks like T:V is turning into a fun game. I think the rocket pod looks great...much more fun to use than I imagined. Bottom line I won't make any more judgements until the game is in my hands.

^^ Yeah, but initial worries/desires from people who haven't played it yet often bring to light stuff that needs to be considered. Judge not, but don't stop looking for potential problems/features...

Sh33p said:
the ability to guide rockets from range requires very little skill and unless they're incredibly slow to manuver it'll be very deadly

Funny how misguided someone can be in a post about guided rockets. :chill:

Marweas said:
Who then? Not like you guys are in love with Gamespy either. It's got to be someone BIG so non-Tribes fans see them. It's hard to beat front page of Gamespot for broad exposure.

how about Gamespy/gamespot and a Tribes site?

Marweas said:

Sitefinder by Verisign?

ooooooooooooo I just had a thought

could I say fire them at a say 45 degree angle then point my view down ward to get the rocket over a hill for a little blind spam?

laff so I sign up to download it. install their gay program. Then i get to download it kinda, Try to open it and its quick time. sighs

nullper said:
ooooooooooooo I just had a thought

could I say fire them at a say 45 degree angle then point my view down ward to get the rocket over a hill for a little blind spam?

damn bottom of the page posts

Marweas said:
Maybe you could provide Colosus with a link that could be posted on the largest Tribes site as well? Get exposure both ways ...

:bigthumb:

Back