[T1] Tribes 1 Plugins thread

Need to fix scriptGL blinking bug on win 10 Gruv

Didn't know there was a skyrotation dll for 1.40 <3 :king:

there's no specific bug w/10 + scriptGL it works fine for me with an nvidia graphics card

because scriptGL was an nvidia thing from like 6 years ago - it may have been compatible with AMD/Intel at the time, but there's probably some kind of issue that has arisen in recent drivers

fwiw i get the same thing on my laptop w/intel video (menus blinking, but the backgrounds dont) and ive seen AMD have a similar issue (huds blinking)

i never really noticed it on the laptop until recently so i'm guessing it's a recent intel driver thing, i'll fiddle around and see if i can find a fix

right away i notice that the mouse doesn't work if i don't enable the DPI scaling settings - BUT there's no flickering. when i enable the DPI compat setting, then the mouse works but the flickering starts

there's actually a thing for win10 that reverts the DPI scaling settings to windows 7 style - i wonder if that would fix this

Well, idk.. I can try it if you tell me how to x)
And by the way, I have Nvidia graphix card ;)

I also posted some findings in your Odio thread at tt
Not sure if useful ones tho.. :shrug:

yeah none of those things are particularly useful, you tried the 1.40 .exe and plugins didn't work because you dont have the registry fix (that i linked you in pm)

scriptGL just doesn't work for everyone, mav had the same nvidia vidcard that someone else had and he could never run scriptGL so its not even card or OS or driver dependent

you might be able to figure it out, but personally i'd just use non-scriptGL configs on that system, or go back to 7/8.

unless somehow greyhound appears and drops some knowledge on us but that would blow my mind

yeah none of those things are particularly useful, you tried the 1.40 .exe and plugins didn't work because you dont have the registry fix (that i linked you in pm)

scriptGL just doesn't work for everyone, mav had the same nvidia vidcard that someone else had and he could never run scriptGL so its not even card or OS or driver dependent

you might be able to figure it out, but personally i'd just use non-scriptGL configs on that system, or go back to 7/8.

unless somehow greyhound appears and drops some knowledge on us but that would blow my mind

I tried the reg fix and still didnt work :/ oh fuk well..

will you still modernize that config, tho? :) :birthday: grooov

My shit is currently down, no idea if i can bring it back up. just fyi

u gotta get the hard drive outta that laptop! :heart:

convert it into a .vhd and make it into a virtual machine!

thanks again for all your work making scriptGL, its really awesome

i have an intel video laptop that wont run it and i miss it :)

both greyhound and emjays sites are down? i noticed greys a while back but emjays is a recent thing i think

Back