MSNBC.com has em up in a slideshow.

Deadly storms rake Midwest - Picture Stories- msnbc.com

A lot of crazy pictures but this one made me cringe a bit:

ss-110523-joplin-jw-04.ss_full.jpg

This was once a regular neighborhood apparently:

ss-110523-tornado-eg-03.ss_full.jpg

ss-110523-joplin-storm-06.ss_full.jpg

Last edited:
How do they control looters in this situation? Seems like it would be pretty easy just to walk around and get in overturned cars and beat down homes and look for money, clothes and other shit that either can't be broken or isn't broke.

Controlling looters 101:

Are there niggers? Then control them so they won't loot.
Are there Whites? They don't need to be controlled because they don't loot.

How do they control looters in this situation? Seems like it would be pretty easy just to walk around and get in overturned cars and beat down homes and look for money, clothes and other shit that either can't be broken or isn't broke.

Most white people are not scum and will help each other out in situations like this.

its joplin mo

every person is sitting outside with their unharmed shotguns sitting in lawn chairs drinking budweisers

The first video I saw of this a guy was going around to cars looking for people in them and all I could think was damn I'd be lookin in gloveboxes and shit too. I guess I'm just a fucked up person but I really don't care about people I don't know. Maybe I'd behave differently if I was actually there living it.

its only a day or two after it happened - the cops / ems / national guard whatever arent concerned about looting. they're concerned about finding survivors still. after that time period has passed you bet your ass they will be looking out for people like you (hypothetically)

They got nailed by another major storm this morning and it looks to happen again tomorrow.

The only looting that happened here was in the bad part of town, but the city locked it down with national guard and they gave us a curfew of 8pm. It was literally martial law in the affected areas if it was night time.

During the day, they had patrols posted up near any type of business or decent neighborhoods.

Daytime, they'd just walk around and make sure everything was okay.
Nighttime, they'd be carrying m16s.

Back