SL83

Veteran XV
[OFFICIAL] Mass Effect 2

First 15 minutes was pretty epic.

And it looks fucking amazing.

Spoiler

Last edited:
Spoiler

I'm glad you put that in spoiler tags, as I'd be pretty pissed off considering I haven't received my retail copy yet (and haven't finished downloading the 12GB release).

I'm glad you put that in spoiler tags, as I'd be pretty pissed off considering I haven't received my retail copy yet (and haven't finished downloading the 12GB release).

It's not much of a spoiler - but yeah, the opening of the game is amazing and epic as hell.

EA is mailing me mine. I got the collectors edition with all of the pre order stuff. Cant wait to see the art book.

Im also about 4 hrs away from finishing my ME1 game, 2nd play through.

Mass Effect was pretty good. I had to stop halfway through and come back to finish it due to boredom and withdrawls of multiplayer games, but I do that on most single player games. Ill play through this one as well some day.

How long does it take to complete the first one?

I started it but I'm also suffering from the "this shit is boring" still at the citadel (sp?) playing CSI investigator or whatever.

EA is mailing me mine. I got the collectors edition with all of the pre order stuff. Cant wait to see the art book.

I need at least a few years between playing a game (or watching a movie) and seeing the behind the scenes stuff. I don't like the current trend of releasing art books at the same time as the game itself.

should i play mass effect 1 before 2?

You don't HAVE to play ME1, but like any sequel, you'll miss out on the backstory for the characters and the universe.

Also, if you play ME1, you can import your character into ME2, and many of the decisions you make in the first game -- such as which characters died -- are carried over into the sequel.

I need at least a few years between playing a game (or watching a movie) and seeing the behind the scenes stuff. I don't like the current trend of releasing art books at the same time as the game itself.

You make it sound as though you're forced to see that stuff.

True, I just think that if they released the production stuff some years later they'll do a better job displaying what's of interest to the fans. Also, it must be hard to have artists "reflect" on a project right after they finished, or even as they're putting the game together . But that's just me. Also, the Fallout collector's addition CD with the documentary on making the game was garbage.

I am really looking forward to this game. The new 2 minute launch trailer that was just released was amazing, I'll find it and try to embed it in here, or at the very least I'll post a link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAyO-_cWBIM

Ed: Looks like an awesome movie trailer. Also, Yvonne Strahovsky.

Last edited:
Back