OT: All your base are belong to us

^FalcoN_65^ 7 said:
I won't argue semantics with an unarmed man.

I believe the putdown you're looking for is, "I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." Most folks I know don't usually carry a thesaurus with them.

^FalcoN_65^ 7 said:

What is truly amazing is not that some of us "geeks" still find AYB entertaining, but rather that "flavor of the month" or should I say "flavor of the moment" kiddies like yourselves are personally offended when something like this makes a slow comeback and you find that you are no longer on board the "AYB boat" having long since abandoned it for something cooler like Dancing Hamsters or DJ Super Greg.

Thanks for the great links!

[MoM] Gort said:
I believe the putdown you're looking for is, "I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." Most folks I know don't usually carry a thesaurus with them.

While you are correct in that I am using a bastardized version of a more famous quote, the fact that a person has no real concept of what can constitute a "cliche" makes him (in my book) unarmed.

You are also correct though that not having a thesaurus would also leave a man unarmed in a battle of semantics.

I like AYB but Cats does not.

cats_sick.gif

^FalcoN_65^ 7 said:

[begin rant]

What is truly amazing is not that some of us "geeks" still find AYB entertaining, but rather that "flavor of the month" or should I say "flavor of the moment" kiddies like yourselves are personally offended when something like this makes a slow comeback and you find that you are no longer on board the "AYB boat" having long since abandoned it for something cooler like Dancing Hamsters or DJ Super Greg.

No my friend, it is you who are the geek here.... scouring the internet for the next big craze so you can ride it's crest like so many wave hogging surfers, until ZDNet's "Screensavers" tells you what you should like next. So Pine away for the good old days when you were on the cusp of something cool... when you ran to tell your friends "look what I found on the internet" because your currency is no good here: You got off of this boat a long time ago, and you may not re-board. You are the weakest link... Goodbye!

[/end rant]

too bad i don't look for fads, bro. i don't scour endlessly to find something to laugh at... i play my online video games, visit sites that other people link me to, but i don't spend hours looking for "fads" like you. and even if i did, you're just beating a dead horse. ayb lost it's funny (if it had any) nearly a year ago, and you're saying "never say die"

you won't stop laughing at ayb until an admin locks/deletes this thread, and when you do your sad little life will be over.

wsup! said:
...you won't stop laughing at ayb until an admin locks/deletes this thread, and when you do your sad little life will be over.

Wrong again, grasshopper. If this thread ever gets locked down, It will live on at my site. Do you honestly think that nobody is archiving this piece of history?

I just don't understand why people who hate this thread as much as you keep coming back into it to read the new stuff and then whine about it.

In the immortal words of "Comic book guy":

"shoo nerds...SHOO!"

^FalcoN_65^ 7 said:
While you are correct in that I am using a bastardized version of a more famous quote, the fact that a person has no real concept of what can constitute a "cliche" makes him (in my book) unarmed.

if you want to argue semantics, i said cultural cliche, aka one that is popular in social circles. you know, church groups, bridge clubs, etc.

the argument was not over use of a cliche it was over use of a cultural cliche.

so shut the flying fuck up and come back when you have a clue.

mikado said:
if you want to argue semantics, i said cultural cliche, aka one that is popular in social circles. you know, church groups, bridge clubs, etc.

Ahh yes, I see what you mean now. I forgot how much church groups and bridge clubs are driving todays culture. Very observant...."mikado" about nothing.

^FalcoN_65^ 7 said:
Ahh yes, I see what you mean now. I forgot how much church groups and bridge clubs are driving todays culture. Very observant...."mikado" about nothing.

sigh... well, then since you have no comprehension of sarcasm, let me explain it to you in plain terms.

the phrase "you are the weakest link" is a phrase, or a cultural cliche as i would call it, that is used by traditionally unfunny people, such as members of church groups and bridge clubs. they are NOT driving today's culture, which you so profoundly noted. additionally, they are not a PART of today's culture, and neither are you if you use ancient, completely unhumorous phrases such as that one.

very observant...."^FalcoN_65^ 7" about nothing.

mikado said:
very observant...."^FalcoN_65^ 7" about nothing.

Ah yes... well it seems that our Dennis Miller type witty remarks are coming so fast that they are being lost on each other.

The tagline "Mikado about nothing" was a not so obvious allusion to William Shakespear's play "Much Ado About Nothing"... like I said, it seems to have been lost in the fray since your use of my nick in place of yours in that line makes no sense at all.

But honestly, why do you guys keep reading this forum if you hate it so much?

*skims briskly over the flames*

Wow, that's a fast way to up the post count on this thread.

Anywho, I have a question for Bad_CRC:

Have you ever heard of 8-bit theatre, and if so, are you the CRC that has done some flash stuff for them?

Leech said:
worst attempt at a comeback ever

Leech seems to be living up to his name:

Leech: (noun) Any of a class of carnivorous or haemovoric (blood-consuming) annelid worms constituting the class Hirudinea, usually found in swamps and other wetlands.

Bad_CRC said:
with so many millions of people who have caught AYB mania at some point, and suprisingly, still thousands of people every day who are just hearing about it for the first time, I would bet a LOT of money that at least ONE of the guys who is in charge of writing crap on the bombs had heard of AYB, and thought it would be a good thing to write on there.
Definately (however you spell that). I'd do it if I had the chance. I have also wondered if we might see a genuine photo of such soon. (BTW, nice pic.)

wsup! said:
you won't stop laughing at ayb until an admin locks/deletes this thread, and when you do your sad little life will be over.
Then you'll have no one to flame :(

hey, we HAD an AYB forum till some assmunch decided he didn't need to follow the rules and should just start posting pr0n. Easier to take down the forum than be a babysitter for a couple of simpleminded morons 24/7.

always a couple retards who ruin it for everyone.

Back