[Official] Staff Q & A

hi - I'm new to TribalWar forums. I actually found out about this through my job (I work in online monitoring) but I joined because of a new game community I'm involved in that I wanted to talk with the TW community about.

I got the standard welcome message "New members who don't learn at least a little bit about how the Tribalwar community works before posting sometimes attract negative attention from older forum members"

I don't want to fall foul of the community so is this the place where I can find out a bit more about what TW community is all about without getting my head bitten off?

Where does the TW community come from? Are you mostly UK/US or anywhere? And seeing as you are predominantly Tribes (or ex-Tribes) players I'm guessing you are mostly in your 20s or late teens?

I think the best thing you do to learn about the community is just to lurk in General Discussion and get a feel for things by listening. Additionally, the subforums, such as for the games, are less discriminatory.

The TribalWar community comes mostly from Tribes, although the ratio of Tribes players here to other people is declining. The US, UK, AU and many other places are represented here but the majority are North American. The average age is probably somewhere around 21.

thanks for the reply. I'm already doing some lurking! how amenable are people to being introduced to new games? There's a really cool concept I've come across which needs beta-testers (preferably not bratty teens) and the TW community looks like a generally thoughtful lot not afraid to conrtibute ideas (although I've only really been reading the Warhammer section)

Here's a story in the Guardian about it

Last edited:
Does the work safe template turn off image linking or do I need to do that manually? I would prefer them off 95% of the time at work but when I want to view the TWIP threads it's annoying.

WS does that automatically.

*note* If you switch between Regular and WS templates you'll need to refresh or the images will still be there.

WTF is the Q&A turned into Newby Orientation?

Why don't we just go to the WoW forums, invite everyone there and give em a nice fluffy pillow.

/wave golbez

Back