To the people who played Age of Conan: by arcadus - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page To the people who played Age of Conan:
arcadus
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 10-19-2008, 12:48
how does warhammer online compare to age of conan, with respect to how "finished" the game was when they released it

Sponsored Links
BobDlux
VeteranX
Old
2 - 10-19-2008, 13:43
1000x better

Dimmesdale
VeteranX
Old
3 - 10-19-2008, 14:36
every aspect seems to be better. WAR's scenarios are much more fun than AoC's mini pvp games. There is no lack of quests in WAR and you don't even need to do them to level up. After one month of AoC I cancelled, but after 1 month of WAR I'm still loving it.

Swamp Kitten
VeteranX
Old
4 - 10-19-2008, 15:11
WAR has been good enough for me to pass up playing AoC under a teamed sponsorship

It's just a better game all-around

Falhawk
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 10-19-2008, 15:24
who the **** would waste money sponsoring a team in AoC?

Swamp Kitten
VeteranX
Old
6 - 10-19-2008, 16:10
Companies that were vested in its development

Lord Elessar
or something
Contributor
Old
7 - 10-19-2008, 22:03
WAR is more finished now than WoW was 1 month after release.

ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
8 - 10-20-2008, 00:40
WAR is more fun than AoC by far, more fun to look at (not as graphically nice, but more different, cool creations and ideas). More cool little things like last names/titles and **** in the world than WoW. The pvp blows the pants off of AoC and blows the entire outfit off of WoW. There is no boringness like in WoW in terms of pvp, also pvp isn't rock-paper-scissors. If you really love PvEing, go play WoW.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
9 - 10-20-2008, 12:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadus View Post
how does warhammer online compare to age of conan, with respect to how "finished" the game was when they released it
1. infinitely smoother release in terms of being "finished" and running smoothly. not perfect tho... and the endgame is open to debate.

2. it's similarly pvp oriented with a similar emphasis on world pvp

AoC had far cooler, grittier, sexier world... and i also loved the construction of guild cities and keeps. I can only hope that element is eventually added to War. We can take over massive keep/castles, but it's not quite the same.

Senty
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 10-20-2008, 21:19
I'd say that the attention paid to time to kill in the fights leads to a better PvP experience.

WarHero X
VeteranX
Old
11 - 10-20-2008, 22:38
Well this is my take on the two after playing both. (wall of text, no cliffs for now, maybe after I eat)

Conan had much better graphics to the point where warhammer's look like crap. Warhammer uses low res textures and low poly models, its awful, I wish they would use conans graphics. Nothing beats playing conan at max settings, and that includes crysis. (well maybe they tie) Also fatalities in conan is great and all games should include them from here on out.

For doing quests and content, conan does some thing better, such as quest rewards. I know in warhammer right now, I'm level 20 and need 200k to level. Now if I were to do the standard kill 10 monster quests, I would get 2500 exp per quest. Now lets say I earn another 2500 exp killing mosters doing that quest, to level up I would have to do 40 freaking quests. What the frick. In conan when I was level 38 (out of 80 levels), I did one dungeon run, and after turning in the 5 quests related to it, I leveled. Thats not to say conan doesn't have problems, when I was level 46 I ran out of quests to do that weren't group ones, so I had to the Villas' quests to level up. Seems that conans developers think repeatable quests that make you clear a whole villa counts as "content".

Which that brings me to my next point, pvp. Seeing as how warhammers normal pve quests are about as useful as a sack hammers, you are forced to pvp if you want to level up some time in a week. I'm on the same server as the rest of the tw tards, and I for one, am sick and tired of doing norden watch / murkain temple / tor annroc 90% of the time. All it is now is just grinding, but instead of monsters, its players. As for conan, I played it up the point where my subscription ran out 4 days before they put in the pvp patch. That said, for the 3 months I played, I only ever played in a mini game once. Since there were no rewards for doing the mini games, natuarlly the tards didn't queue for it, and random ganking in conan wore thin after a while.

So to wrap up the wall of text, both have problems. Warhammer has such a ****ty pve quests that you are forced to do pvp which they so highly tout, to the point where I feel like im grinding since only one map pops most of the time. It also has ****ty graphics, and lots of animation glitches, and the collision detection needs to be fixed since some time you block people only to see them teleport past you 2 seconds later, or if you falcon punch some one off a ledge and you see them fall down, only to appear a few seconds later beating up your teamates as if nothing happened. Conan had its share of problems, lack of content, both pvp and pve wise unless you like repeatable quests that send you to the same place over and over again, lack of attention to detail to the game's atmosphere after level 20.

Its a pick your poison choice as far as I can tell, they all destill down to the same thing, they put the carrot on a stick before you and try to keep you paying as long as they can.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
12 - 10-20-2008, 22:52
to ^

ScooBySnaCk
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13 - 10-21-2008, 18:10
Quote: