Need help hosting a server by >fow< Macabre - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Need help hosting a server
>fow< Macabre
Veteran++
Old
1 - 08-29-2005, 22:17
I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I ran into while trying to host a server. When I attempt to host a dedicated server, no one seems to be able to see it. The log for the dedicated server gives this message towards the end of the log
"Log: GameSpy qr2: (4) Unable to query the server. You may need to open port 7778 for incoming traffic"
I am at college- just got here about a week ago, so I am guessing (dont really know a whole lot about this) that is why people cant see my server. (College broadband has some sort of firewall/security). Is their any way I can get around all of this and host a server?

Sponsored Links
Smooth P
VeteranX
Old
2 - 08-29-2005, 22:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by >fow< Macabre
I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I ran into while trying to host a server. When I attempt to host a dedicated server, no one seems to be able to see it. The log for the dedicated server gives this message towards the end of the log
"Log: GameSpy qr2: (4) Unable to query the server. You may need to open port 7778 for incoming traffic"
I am at college- just got here about a week ago, so I am guessing (dont really know a whole lot about this) that is why people cant see my server. (College broadband has some sort of firewall/security). Is their any way I can get around all of this and host a server?
Probably not. At least not so it shows up on the master server or could be accessed from outside the college. But you may be able to have people INSIDE the college firewall connect directly to your server by manually typing in the IP address... though this depends on how things are set up as well.

In other words, you're probably screwed.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 08-30-2005, 01:31
**** yo servah, nigga.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Need help hosting a server

Social Website Bullshit