T2 mod for T3?

A

(Agent) Lister

It's probably too early and no one may want this but me, but is anyone working on one? T3 is a fine game in its own right and so forth, but I'd be interested in playing something similar to T2 but with new blood, physics, etc.

T2 with new physics?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought T2 and its mods have tried every possible setting when it came to changing physics. :)

define "T2".

there are about 5 different "T2" depending on who you talk to, each with different settings, philosophy, maps, etc.

if by "T2" you simply mean the shrike... then it will happen soon.

if by "T2" you mean the base physics, don't count on it.

I just meant a sort of classic mod. Somthing the would bring T3 gameplay somewhat back toward T2. The vast maps, the options, honestly even the slower gameplay.

i think that there shouldn;t be any jetpacks either. in fact, get away from the sci fi theme altogether and make it more like CS.

Look folks, it's not really that important; soapboxes are inappropriate here. I would enjoy playing a different game with design philosophy similar to T2, and I was fishing around to see if it was going to happen. That's all. :)

(Agent) Lister said:
Look folks, it's not really that important; soapboxes are inappropriate here. I would enjoy playing a different game with design philosophy similar to T2, and I was fishing around to see if it was going to happen. That's all. :)

Seriously, look back at T2 and it's hundred's of mods man. This is a new game all together and it looks like it is starting to unite T1 and T2 players. In one NEW game that rocks.

hfingers said:
Seriously, look back at T2 and it's hundred's of mods man. This is a new game all together and it looks like it is starting to unite T1 and T2 players. In one NEW game that rocks.

What a GWB Dope!

Lister, I know what you're saying. You want a modernized version of T2, and appropriately so since it has 100x the depth of T:V.

T:V has none of the elements that make T2 players play, unless of course they were actually T1 players.

The answer is, someone will likely release these mods cause frankly, standalone T:V wouldn't last 1 year on its own.

Jim: Hi, I'm princess Lucy. U rock!

A T:V mod with some new gadgets you can mess around with is ok, but it doesn't need to be exactly like T2. The basic design concept with T:V was to make every single thing useful so that newcomers don't have to take the time to figure out what's the stuff they shouldn't even touch.

You could mod a lot more 'depth' into T:V, but after a while some things would inevitably become useless.

This is hilarious.

T1 players - who begged for T1 with better graphics - criticizing someone for wanting T2 with better graphics.

Can you spell Hypocrit? :)

Back