Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page logan best xmen movie of all time
Page 4 of 5
GraphiX
VeteranXX
Old
61 - 03-07-2017, 22:27
i wana a watch a power raonger movie soon?

Sponsored Links
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
62 - 03-07-2017, 22:57
dont listen to bam
the gang of kids is in it for like 10 minutes

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
63 - 03-07-2017, 23:18
don't forget the lead kid was rictor, one of the only openly gay marvel characters

total coincidence that they made sure you knew his name tho

savage inuit
VeteranX
Old
64 - 03-09-2017, 22:43

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 03-10-2017, 22:14
Just saw the movie. Ignoring all the issues with the movie, I couldn't figure out what Logan's original end-goal was?

He kept talking about taking Xavier out on a boat (the "Sunseeker"). At first I thought it was to protect people from his seizures but, what about his meds? Was Logan planning on making enough money as a fisherman to keep paying for them?

The only alternative I can think of is he wanted to take Xavier on one last trip before killing him and then himself (with that Adamantium bullet). Sad ending either way.  

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
66 - 03-11-2017, 09:41
The latter theory

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 03-11-2017, 14:31
I enjoyed watching Logan as a dumb action movie, but it was so formulaic and predictable that I find it very difficult to understand why it's reviewed so well

Best x men movie ever is a pretty low ****in bar so i guess I am OK with it having that accolade...but it was a seriously unoriginal/uninspired story imo

I dig Steve Merchant as Caliban tho

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
68 - 03-11-2017, 14:44
yea it took me a second to be like wait a ****ing minute it's the mutant steve merchant!

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
69 - 03-12-2017, 11:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
I enjoyed watching Logan as a dumb action movie, but it was so formulaic and predictable that I find it very difficult to understand why it's reviewed so well

Best x men movie ever is a pretty low ****in bar so i guess I am OK with it having that accolade...but it was a seriously unoriginal/uninspired story imo

I dig Steve Merchant as Caliban tho
the movie universe is one where virtually everything is formulaic and predictable(especially anything with a production budget north of 80m), so i dont think thats a worthwhile criticism right now

and simply put, it's not a dumb action movie. john wick is a dumb (but great) action movie. x men apocalypse is a dumb (and bad) action movie. dumb action movies are filled with soul-less characters that no one gives a **** about

logan succeeds where hell or high water succeeds, same as hacksaw ridge and mad max to an extent. it's not where the movie goes, it's how it gets there. u dont walk into a marvel movie and expect memento, and you don't walk into la la land and expect deadpool. logan was intended and expected to hit specific notes and melodies. it hits them all, and it hits them in a way that works. if you didn't feel any empathy or sympathy for the professor and logan then the movie would fail and i can'ts ee how the vast majority of every movie ever made wouldn't fail for you as well

Last edited by 1teaminlondon; 03-12-2017 at 12:07..
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 03-12-2017, 13:58
anyone who actually nitpicks comic book movies is a ****ing loser

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 03-12-2017, 14:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
anyone who actually watches comic book movies is a ****ing loser
ftfy

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
72 - 03-17-2017, 22:25
Wasn't a huge fan of this. Really surprised because I went in hearing everyone praising it. The first big fight scene in the desert was really cool, but slowly went downhill from there.

the clone wolverine was the biggest letdown. I really hate doppleganger antagonists, but they still could have somehow made a clone more interesting. Slightly different powers, appearance, interesting dialogue, I dunno anything would have been better than a clone with a haircut who fought just like the original. the other villains were nameless soliders (cannon fodder), a corporate scientist guy with no character, and a bounty hunter with a robot hand. the bounty hunter was close to being a good character but still ended up being pretty generic. 

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
73 - 03-17-2017, 23:54
Thee main enemy was time and himself

This is more western movie than comic book

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 03-18-2017, 00:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
ftfy
nah

get ****ed aladdin

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
75 - 03-18-2017, 01:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
Wasn't a huge fan of this. Really surprised because I went in hearing everyone praising it. The first big fight scene in the desert was really cool, but slowly went downhill from there.

the clone wolverine was the biggest letdown. I really hate doppleganger antagonists, but they still could have somehow made a clone more interesting. Slightly different powers, appearance, interesting dialogue, I dunno anything would have been better than a clone with a haircut who fought just like the original. the other villains were nameless soliders (cannon fodder), a corporate scientist guy with no character, and a bounty hunter with a robot hand. the bounty hunter was close to being a good character but still ended up being pretty generic. 
yeah that's a fair criticism

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
76 - 03-19-2017, 14:15
feces

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 03-22-2017, 04:03
SPOILERS: (Since it's been out for a while)

I really enjoyed myself. I don't watch a lot of movies anymore and this movie was fun and held my attention the whole way through.

I really did enjoy the Wolverine clone. Also, I think I might know the inspiration for him. They show the old movie Shane in the hotel. There was a pretty cool Kurt Russel movie in the late 90s called Soldier that no one watched, but it was a sci-fi retelling of shane and in the beginning of that the main character fights another soldier like him, but he's supposed to be superior and more of a drone. Same thing was seen in this movie.

The scientist bad guy was boring. The cyborg hand guy really had a presence but boring writing. He was a good character that just was not used well at all.

I really did enjoy the surprise Wolverine clone. I don't think he was shown in the trailer, and the way they had the intro was a rare time I've been surprised in a movie. They said they were making better mutants than the kids, but I did not imagine it being a clone. It was a nice twist and the action scenes between them were AMAZING!

I have a few questions:

-Who was the albino mutant?

-What was making Wolverine sick? Was that ever explained?

Tekno
VeteranXX
Old
78 - 03-22-2017, 04:17
I think my friends who are decent into comics told me that it was his adamantium slowly killing him. Like it made him stronger, but he was far superior in healing and speed without it. Like he's constantly in a steady heal state or some **** since it's in his body or something. Which is why the older he got the more damage he got didn't heal all the way, I dunno.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
79 - 03-22-2017, 11:05
calaban was albino mutant aka stephen merchant, comedy dude

apparently he helped find mutants for the government so they could kill them years before this takes place
and xavier killed a bunch of mutants somehow also?

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 03-23-2017, 01:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekno View Post
I think my friends who are decent into comics told me that it was his adamantium slowly killing him. Like it made him stronger, but he was far superior in healing and speed without it. Like he's constantly in a steady heal state or some **** since it's in his body or something. Which is why the older he got the more damage he got didn't heal all the way, I dunno.
Yeah they basically say that in the movie, repeatedly saying something inside him is poisoning him and at one point he says he knows whats wrong with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
calaban was albino mutant aka stephen merchant, comedy dude

apparently he helped find mutants for the government so they could kill them years before this takes place
and xavier killed a bunch of mutants somehow also?
Yeah that seemed clearly laid out. calaban was working with the corporation/govt to hunt mutants. they never touched on why, or why he changed his mind. and yeah seems like xavier had one of his seizures and accidently hurt a bunch of people. I think they said it happened at his school. They gave that info in a background news broadcast or something in the movie. Probably the reason they smuggled him to mexico and locked him up.

I'm confused on the timeline. Is there any continuity with the other movies right now, or is this basically just a one off story? Are we going to have to have another time travel movie to avert this timeline where mutants are successfully hunted to extinction and mutant births are prevented via food? Is this the same timeline as X-men apocalypse?

Normally I wouldn't care, but they go through all the trouble to have all these connected stories and characters, seems kind of anti-climactic to show the future where mutants lost. I guess there is talk of Cable in an upcoming movie so maybe there will be more time travel...

Page 4 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page logan best xmen movie of all time

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert