Death Punch Studios filling positions.

this game will b better than tribes ascend or w/e the other one is called

mark my words

i will be ur marketing partner lee leather wood

can u paypal me 20 bucks to get started?

while some people are just naysayers

others of us have seen people with big dreams (not tribes or gaming specific) making big promises with no funding or experience under their belt

im guessing you're young, how old are you?

Listen, I dont want to argue with you.

I will just state that I know fully what making a game entails. We are not going for a AAA title, we are going for an Indie title with decent graphics are great gameplay.
Who's "we"? You don't even have a lead programmer or lead artists.

Also, "decent graphics"? Fuck off, that engine looks worse than Torque, and that's no small feat. Or were you planning on manually upgrading the graphics engine as well?

I am fully aware of other developers who have took years to develope a game that looked amazing (for its time) but also had shitty gameplay not true to the original.

Infact, my #1 goal for this project is gameplay that is as close to the original Tribes 1 gameplay as possible.
Well, you might want to stop remaking a retarded T1 mod then, but that's just a minor nitpick. More importantly, you are by far not the first to start a project saying these exact words, and then fail miserably. You'll have to convince us (or at least those of us with any memory) that you're more capable than all those dev teams that came before you. So far your attempts are laughable, but more to the point, nothing we haven't seen before.

Again, If all you want to do is belittle and argue, suit yourself. I dont have time to waste arguing with naysayers that will never make anything of themselves. I may not make anything of myself its a possibility, but atleast I am trying.

:cheers:
No, you're not trying, really. Trying would imply that you have at least a moderate chance of success, which you clearly don't. Now if you feel like messing around with some cheapo engine to see how many Ren features you can cram into it, fine, have a blast. But don't come in here toting it around like some sort of Tribes savior project.

Tribes is dead.

this is a big undertaking for a project with what looks like no initial funding

you're asking people to put in a lot of hours for no money for a long time

I know, unfortunately like many Indie game developers funding is a big issue.

I am not looking for professional artists or programmers, simply people who can get the job done and possibly use this as a stepping stone into the commercial gaming industry.

If you think about it, alot of people do these things already on their own and get no profit from it at all. Alot of people have a hobby of making 3D Models, these are the type of people I am looking for.

I really wish I did have the funding to have people on a normal payroll, but I dont. I am poor like the rest of us.

a few people u might want to contact if u are serious

marweas (he was head marketer for tribes vengeance and ive seen him posting the last few days)
fraggle (worked at sierra on all 3 tribes titles in production)
milk-man (he has some really nice skins going and set ups)
groove (same as milkman)
cyanide (works in marketing/advertising and is looking to get into the gaming scene)

good luck man

I know, unfortunately like many Indie game developers funding is a big issue.

I am not looking for professional artists or programmers, simply people who can get the job done and possibly use this as a stepping stone into the commercial gaming industry.

If you think about it, alot of people do these things already on their own and get no profit from it at all. Alot of people have a hobby of making 3D Models, these are the type of people I am looking for.

I really wish I did have the funding to have people on a normal payroll, but I dont. I am poor like the rest of us.
These people also have a habit of being "too busy" for projects they have no real motivation to contribute to. They will sign up, do some minor work for a couple weeks, then you'll never hear from them again. Eventually you'll have a lot of work issued to a lot of people, and nothing getting done. Then you decide to replace them with active people which will invariably lead to hurt feelings, and this will go on and on until everyone remotely interested in your project will have been fired.

Just a heads up, obviously you haven't been in the loop.

These people also have a habit of being "too busy" for projects they have no real motivation to contribute to. They will sign up, do some minor work for a couple weeks, then you'll never hear from them again. Eventually you'll have a lot of work issued to a lot of people, and nothing getting done. Then you decide to replace them with active people which will invariably lead to hurt feelings, and this will go on and on until everyone remotely interested in your project will have been fired.

this

Sorry dude your project was doomed the day you thought about it. You'd be lucky to get 6 people to play it on a regular basis for free.

while some people are just naysayers

others of us have seen people with big dreams (not tribes or gaming specific) making big promises with no funding or experience under their belt

im guessing you're young, how old are you?

I am not making any promises.

Also I am 27.

Regardless I am about 60% complete with the game functions. So far I have:
Flag system
Deployable Objects (Turrets, Forcefields, etc)
Jetpacks
Energy System
Suicide Function
Boost

I have not yet started work on:
Generators (power)
Inventory stations
Energy Weapons
Elf Weapon

a few people u might want to contact if u are serious

marweas (he was head marketer for tribes vengeance and ive seen him posting the last few days)
fraggle (worked at sierra on all 3 tribes titles in production)
milk-man (he has some really nice skins going and set ups)
groove (same as milkman)
cyanide (works in marketing/advertising and is looking to get into the gaming scene)

good luck man

thank you!

I understand, Ive seen it happen in the past and had it happen to me.

Currently I am only looking for leads in three positions. With these 3 positions I should be able to fairly quickly release a simple playtest demo.

Actually I could release a playable demo today based on the "Rabbit" gameplay type. The only thing I would be missing is an animated character model.

I am not making any promises.

Also I am 27.

Regardless I am about 60% complete with the game functions. So far I have:
Flag system
Deployable Objects (Turrets, Forcefields, etc)
Jetpacks
Energy System
Suicide Function
Boost

I have not yet started work on:
Generators (power)
Inventory stations
Energy Weapons
Elf Weapon
Sensor system
Art assets
- models
- animations
- sounds
- music
- voices
- sprites
- special effects
Voice chat
Voting system
Tournament mod
Recording/playback
Additional gametypes
Options (graphics, sound, controls/keybinds, network)
Hardware compatibility
Anti-cheat solutions
Player account management

Just off the top of my head. And supposing you finish all of it: what will you have then? A shoddy T1 clone with marginally better graphics? Who the fuck would want to play that, let alone pay money for it when T1 is already freely available? What new things will you bring to the table that will make this game preferrable over people's current favorites?

dont mind amadeus he was part of some shitty mod team that tried to remake tribes and the product they made (with a team of a bunch of people and a year or so of coding) was about as good as yours is right now

i would contact forum user "cyanide" if you are interested in getting more people of a higher caliber in on this project

i didnt think u were serious but it seems uve got a lot done and going 4 u ! GL !

What new things will you bring to the table that will make this game preferrable over people's current favorites?

You get dizzy vision when disc jumping and the dude says "hupp" while "skiing". DUH!

dont mind amadeus he was part of some shitty mod team that tried to remake tribes and the product they made (with a team of a bunch of people and a year or so of coding) was about as good as yours is right now

i would contact forum user "cyanide" if you are interested in getting more people of a higher caliber in on this project

i didnt think u were serious but it seems uve got a lot done and going 4 u ! GL !
I was never a part of any mod team. I'm guessing you're referring to Asscension, for which I initially tried to apply to, but they wouldn't take me on because I wasn't willing to cheerlead through their incompetence. It's true though, after 5 years they ended up with a minor amount of custom content shoveled into Torque. They spent most of their time breaking things with engine updates over and over.

During my involvement, I learned a lot about shitty projects. But I don't need any expertise to recognize the one in this thread.

u can send me a pm if u like lee leather wood

we will converse about my duties and such as your head marketing lead

tnk u

Back