Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fixing the roads, changing America
Page 13 of 18
arsin
Veteran++
Old
241 - 06-09-2014, 13:13
Youve lost a $1000 Goshin.

Bat**** insane idear is bat**** insane idear.

Sponsored Links
naptown
VeteranXV
Old
242 - 06-09-2014, 13:40
hello my name is arsin and i still play with barbies after i cut off all their hair then glue it to my fingernails to wear around the house

Chia_Pet
VeteranX
Old
243 - 06-09-2014, 14:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
those things look like giant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H901KdXgHs4
Half the **** brought up in this video is BS to begin with.

right now like everywhere in this ****ed up country, there seems to be only 2 sides. Yes we can! and it'll never work!, jeezus

Anyone ever walk down the middle road anymore?.

Last edited by Chia_Pet; 06-09-2014 at 14:46.. Reason: not the video I quoted, weird
Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
244 - 06-09-2014, 14:36
i tried to walk down the middle road but the road was made with glass solar panels and it melted my shoes

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
245 - 06-09-2014, 14:43
middle road blocked by baby boomers and their goddam army of ****wagons

the reins of power will soon slip from their rapacious grasp and the glorious middle road will be used once again

~namaste~

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
246 - 06-09-2014, 20:43
Solar Roadways - Clearing the Freakin' Air

Quote:
Most of the attention has been very positive, but as the campaign became more and more successful (and popular), the naysayers began coming out in force trying to grab some attention. They use non-scientific "facts", misquote and mislead, and sometimes flat out lie. They write unprofessional articles and create deceiving videos to lead people astray. We were told by the Indiegogo staff that this happens to every successful campaign, regardless of the invention.

Haters are going to hate. Nothing we can do about that. One unscrupulous individual even took our viral Solar Freakin' Roadways video (by volunteer Michael Naphan) without our permission, and has used it to create another video, in which he has embedded deliberately misleading information. He is even making money by placing advertising on it to make a profit! (We could do the same, but we chose not to do so). And there are other journalists who have written articles with really irresponsibly misleading information.
all the info
Spoiler

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
247 - 06-09-2014, 21:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
hello my name is arsin and i still play with barbies after i cut off all their hair then glue it to my fingernails to wear around the house
if this isn't a thing it is now

arsin
Veteran++
Old
248 - 06-09-2014, 23:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
Im going to leave you alone since this site is so important to you.
"All you got is all you got."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
Solar Roadways - Clearing the Freakin' Air

all the info
Spoiler
Please shut the fuk up.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
249 - 06-09-2014, 23:15
i hope togo rips your arms off and face ****s you while he's blacked out on booze and meth

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
250 - 06-10-2014, 22:32
woah!

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
251 - 06-11-2014, 05:11
I'm sure you won't stop being a belieber even if someone picks apart that entire thing, but I'll throw one out:

asphalt is not the cost driver of maintaining and building roadways, labor is

Those are responses to cherry-picked complaints and it's full of such misdirection as above.

Last edited by Breyer; 06-11-2014 at 05:13..
ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
252 - 06-11-2014, 05:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Engineer View Post
What about the massive strip mines we're going to have to open in order to provide enough metal like copper, nickel, cadmium, zinc and lithium to supply the massive demand for these components in electric cars? Or are we just going to wish those elements from the ground with liberal wizard magic?
I don't see what that has to do with electric cars leaking oil and gas onto a road surface.

I couldn't give a **** if they dug up the whole surface of the planet to build me a shiny robot cock.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
253 - 06-11-2014, 12:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
private industry
if he uses walmart/shopping center parking lots to prove the tech and maybe make it cheaper (manufacturing law, build more = everything cheaper) then who knows

probably 4.4mil for a 1 lane road, since they build it in 12x12 sections

150 feet of road, about 13 sections need to be replaced, which can be rolled off a line and plopped down in the damaged area

road heats itself, melts snow and ice. dont need plows

unsure on light reflection

Ideally that would be great, but let's consider both incentive and logistics.

1. Most of the energy is used/owned by big oil and natural gas.
2. Solar highways provide a one-time cost and varying degrees of replacements for maintenance.
3. Solar highways would also be self-heating (or at least melt snow/ice) as well as house various electric, data, telephone lines.

Given all that you are impeding on the business of electricity providers, big oil, plowing services, road maintenance crews (who have to patch up the roads) and countless other smaller companies/businesses who rely on antiquated, decrepit road systems.

"'Merica" isn't about sustainability or the future, it's about making money. NOW. Maybe once one of those big corporations figures out a way to create monthly fees from solar highways they'll get on it. But now doing so would "take out" a bunch of money and jobs.

Sad but true.

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
254 - 06-11-2014, 14:29
sad but not true

the 'it wont happen because some other industry will prevent it' conspiracy is stupid

if its really technically viable & economically cheaper than the alternative, it will happen. i just don't think it will be either of those things.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
255 - 06-11-2014, 17:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
sad but not true

the 'it wont happen because some other industry will prevent it' conspiracy is stupid

if its really technically viable & economically cheaper than the alternative, it will happen. i just don't think it will be either of those things.
Also, whatever jobs it destroys, (and I'm guessing this would be incrementally slow as roads are replaced), new ?better? jobs would replace them.

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
256 - 06-11-2014, 18:15
using the solar roadways to melt ice is the claim I find most baffling. I really question whether he did the calculations to find out how much energy and heat that requires.

if the panels are easy to replace, they will also be easy for ******s and spics to dig up and steal.

he lists the maximum energy capacity of all roadways being solar as being a multiple of the US energy needs as if that were a good thing. maybe if we had great energy storage, but we don't, so excess capacity is a sunk cost that won't pay itself back.

Quote:
Although the tilted solar panel produced more energy as expected (an average of almost 31 percent more than its horizontal counterpart), we were surprised to see the phenomenon of the horizontal solar panel producing more energy than the tilted panel on certain overcast days. It appears to be similar to getting sunburned on a cloudy day: sunlight is still present, but it is scattered, so the horizontal solar panel is more likely to pick up the scattered photons than the solar panel aimed at the southern horizon.
really? you needed to test this? this is one of those duh moments. The fact he is speaking about it as if it is a revelation makes me question his competence.

Quote:
While we found no evidence that moonlight or the light from shining stars at night produce energy in solar panels (a common question), we found that headlights did. Although it would be very difficult to measure accurately due to distance, speed, hi/low beams, etc., we found that a small solar panel placed flat on the ground about 10 feet in front of a vehicle with its high beams on produced electricity in otherwise total darkness. So it appears that vehicles driving on the surface at night will be providing a service as well as reaping the benefits.
Christ. If you can't intuitively understand why solar panels don't produce power at night...

Last edited by Shiloh; 06-11-2014 at 18:24..
Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
257 - 06-11-2014, 20:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
using the solar roadways to melt ice is the claim I find most baffling. I really question whether he did the calculations to find out how much energy and heat that requires.

if the panels are easy to replace, they will also be easy for ******s and spics to dig up and steal.

he lists the maximum energy capacity of all roadways being solar as being a multiple of the US energy needs as if that were a good thing. maybe if we had great energy storage, but we don't, so excess capacity is a sunk cost that won't pay itself back.

really? you needed to test this? this is one of those duh moments. The fact he is speaking about it as if it is a revelation makes me question his competence.

Christ. If you can't intuitively understand why solar panels don't produce power at night...
The amount of dumb in this post...

******S AND SPICS ARE GONNNNA DIG UP URRR SOLAR ROADS THATS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
258 - 06-11-2014, 21:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantred View Post
The amount of dumb in this post...

******S AND SPICS ARE GONNNNA DIG UP URRR SOLAR ROADS THATS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS

racism is the best excuse to continue aiming low

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
259 - 06-11-2014, 21:14
shillo, they had working panels down over the winter in idaho
and they melted **** with them no problem

did you watch the video since you're too dumb to read?

arsin
Veteran++
Old
260 - 06-12-2014, 00:17
No way some solar panels can keep up to the (rather impressive) heat absorption/release characteristics of black asphalt, and for pennies against the solar panels Ben.

There could be some rather limited and small scale applications of this, though I can't think of any since it's usually done cheaper by just having a sign.

I just find it difficult to get a grasp on the profound stupidity on display, the wanton brain numbness, the blind and eager glee, the fanboism, the rambunctious interloping of the hope hunters. Go fuk off.

Page 13 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fixing the roads, changing America

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert , ass mode , goshin , very ugly goshin