Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Stranger things 3
Page 1 of 4
Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 07-07-2019, 18:13
Its still highly enjoyable. Sure it doesnt have the nerve s1 had (neither did s2 for that matter) but it very high quality. Also fsbspy gets killed again
also makes an appearance

Sponsored Links
Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
2 - 07-07-2019, 18:17
dude just cuz fsb is in it doesnt mean you need to post spoilers or ofn

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 07-07-2019, 18:22
stranger danger

wtg fsb-spy, keep landing those roles

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 07-07-2019, 18:49
definitely a stronger season than s2. the overall plotline was kinda dopey but in a charming way

although in the sesaon finale  it seemed like a ****ty and contrived way for hopper to die just because "i'm standing here and can't move, and i guess this is going to all explode so goodbye" 

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 07-07-2019, 23:35
I enjoyed s1

I thought s2 & s3 were trash.

I won***8217;t watch 4.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 07-07-2019, 23:43
tbh i have seen 0 minutes of stranger danger and i want 2 keep it that way

it's in the "game of thrones/breaking bad: don't watch b/c it will never live up 2 hype even if it's the best **** ever" zone

also i kno i will just be very fking angry at some ****lord hipster "lol i was born in 1989 i'm an 80s kid" jfc u goddamned kids get off my lawn fking garbage that is clearly going on w/ this show

easilyodd
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 07-07-2019, 23:44
Trying to make it thru the last episode of S3 now. ****ing trash season.

80s nostalgia would be alright if they did things that other shows 80s nostalgia haven't already covered.

Last edited by easilyodd; 07-07-2019 at 23:47..
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 07-07-2019, 23:51
nostalgia will always be wrong and a dirty goddamned hack jew writer emotional blackmail trick until/unless it actually restores you to all the circumstances of your youth

Sparty
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 07-08-2019, 01:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixiterra View Post
definitely a stronger season than s2. the overall plotline was kinda dopey but in a charming way

although in the sesaon finale  it seemed like a ****ty and contrived way for hopper to die just because "i'm standing here and can't move, and i guess this is going to all explode so goodbye" 
Post credits scene

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 07-08-2019, 03:52
Spoiler

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 07-08-2019, 09:04
s3 also had an overdose of whacky , snl level attempts at goofy humor.

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 07-08-2019, 12:19
At the prompting of a friend, who was quite shocked I'd never watched this show, I watched season 1 over the weekend.

Super 8
+
Beverly Hills 90210
+
Goonies
+
ET the Extra-Terrestrial
+
Half-Life/Black Mesa Universe with a dash of Umbrella Corporation and X-Files
+
A bunch of other repackaged popular concepts
=
This mess.

Basically 8 episodes of nothing but people screaming at eachother, and hyperkinetic "A to B" types of dialogue in a town where everyone is always on the verge of complete mental collapse and/or a multi-state shooting spree.

I guess it wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good. Just seemed like a long-running commercial for things other than itself, and the whole point of each episode was to entice you to watch the next one.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 07-08-2019, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by borlaK View Post
was surprised at how good it continues to be. the 80s nostalgia works well on me. the multiple side plots coming together was very well done.

didn't even notice fsb-spy but I was impressed with the Russian. they had actual native speakers, and the "translator" clearly knew Russian himself. he wasn't just being fed lines to say.

still feel Netflix is spending way too much on effects and cast, but at least we got 8 episodes and not 3 (black mirror)
Spoiler

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
14 - 07-08-2019, 13:07
i only watched s1 and it was real good but entirely self-contained. everyone had a complete character arc, we kill the monster and close the portal, all neatly wrapped up. the two second teaser at the end just felt like a fun little wink, not something i cared to see explored. i don't think it was that dependent on nostalgia, it was just like hey remember when you could make a monster movie? here's a really good one.

does s2 and s3 do anything but reiterate the exact same concepts? the fact that it stars the same people made me think there's no way it could possibly be good. you gotta move on if you want to tell a new story.

Slurp
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 07-08-2019, 19:02
I really wish s2 and s3 had been about going around and finding the other kids, so they could turn into the power rangers or some **** like that.

Instead, we get a bunch of pointless teenage angst and lame repetitive creatures.

S1 and done.

Rev_Night
WelchesXV
Old
16 - 07-08-2019, 23:31
S3 was awesome. Stop being such bunch of whiney ******s

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
17 - 07-08-2019, 23:49
Nah this show is propped up purely on 80s nostalgia, cameos, and references. S3 reminded me of X3: Xmen United, two plots that had nothing to do with one another jammed together so a cast of too many characters would have something to do. A creature doing a thing has to be stopped by doing a thing by a cast of characters mostly standing around (that for some reason keep increasing in number) before a portal gets closed again.

How is there a secret russian base? Because the portal needs to be open. Why does the portal need to be reopened? Because it needs to be open for the creature to exist. Why is the creature podpeopling? To consume chemicals and pod more people. Why though? To absorb them and get stronger. Why not absorb them right away? Chemicals or something, but Nancy will know most of them so she has some reason to be on the show. What does the Mindflayer want? To stop Eleven or something. Shouldn't it be trying to open the portal permanently if it's existence is 100% reliant on it remaining open? Probably, but it's not that smart I guess. But hey they sang the Neverending Story song.

Uma Thurman's daughter was pretty good though. Sounds a lot like her mom.

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 07-08-2019, 23:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
does s2 and s3 do anything but reiterate the exact same concepts? the fact that it stars the same people made me think there's no way it could possibly be good. you gotta move on if you want to tell a new story.
s2 was a letdown imo, although there were some pretty tense moments. s3 was a campier take which was somewhat refreshing. although i may feel that way because it's been almost 2 years since s2

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
19 - 07-09-2019, 00:48
whelp i still got 5 and a half seasons of x files to get through

Akela
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 07-09-2019, 03:40
We have the two last episodes left. Laughed a lot at that russian goon who looked, walked and talked like Arnie's Terminator.

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Stranger things 3

Social Website Bullshit