Wifi Mesh

I have a long ass cable and just carry the router with me throughout the house.

People really seem to love Orbi but I'd never have another piece of Netgear shit in my house.
Amazon.com: NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50) Accessories

Asus also.
Amazon.com: ASUS Lyra Trio Whole Home WiFi Mesh System AC1750, Dual-Band, WiFi Router/WiFi Range Extender for Mesh Network, Parental Control (3 Pack): Computers Accessories

I'm currently using two Asus routers in a mesh and it works okay for a similar setup to yours.

I'll be switching to a Unifi mesh soon for some new security cameras and to have 5GHz in every room instead of just three and the rest of the house with 2.4Ghz. Bitch about Unifi is no Type 6 yet.

I read somewhere you can put aluminium foil behind the router to kind of point the signal. You probbaly know that in settings you can bump up signal strength so that you all cook from the inside out. I recommend rubbing each other down with mixed herbs first. Serve with a nice cab sav and steamed vegetables.

88ojmunhz1241.jpg

Mesh for a 2000 square foot shack lmao

I see my shitass Asus rtwhatever54 wifi from across the ravine at my acreage

i have the updated google nest wifi..it works great. only downside is its missing some advanced router features if you are looking for that kind of stuff. and apparently its super easy to bypass parental controls by spoofing mac address

we have Eero's. Didn't know they were owned by amazon. Rent them from the gigabit fiber company (wife's work pays for our bill so don't care). Works pretty well for our house. Rarely I lose connection (reconnects immediately) when it switches between the two as I'm moving around the house.

edit: i'd recommend wiring your house and using base stations (not the extenders) for better speeds

Last edited:
Free Firewall - Home Edition | Sophos Firewall for Home

This is an enterprise firewall software for free.
Then, the entire line of Sophos products becomes available.

For instance:
iu

Even the AP30 (little round one) kicks serious ass compared to regular consumer grade BS.

You can even connect REDS (remote ethernet devices - easy to use extension of your firewall over the internet)

In summary - whatever and ok boomer

Shit, remember what a pain in the ass everything was back in the day?

Virus programs, firewalls, defrag, assigning IRQ's, registry editing, all that crap we used to do

Shit, remember what a pain in the ass everything was back in the day?

Virus programs, firewalls, defrag, assigning IRQ's, registry editing, all that crap we used to do

As more and more people began to use computers, many of them were women, and they can't deal with that stuff, so all the tech companies took notice and changed everything.

If you have a subscription, Consumer Reports would get this sorted out with all of their testing.

Back