Aion Sucks

I know I wish arena would be removed altogether from that game. It's pretty ridiculous, and not remotely fun.

Wintergrasp on the other hand, is extremely fun...

people hyped up darkfall too. everyone i know that hyped it up has quit. they acted like belligerent little assholes in defense of that game, and they quit within a few months. dumbasses.

anywho, i read wowriot (and the other riot blogs) a few times a week. the best response i found was from a wow arena player being interviewed. he said aion was just OK and he was going to play it to have fun in noncompetitive pvp

i tried playing the open beta but it was laggy as shit so i have no opinion
But you see, while Darkfall is indeed a heaping pile of shit of a game, it is also a very unique and in many ways revolutionary heaping pile of shit of a game.

I think something that is markedly different from the status quo for MMOs is naturally going to get hyped. To me it's not worth switching games unless the game is at least trying to be something very different. That's why Aion baffles me, because it seems to be very much the same old thing, but with Asians and flying.

Ultimately I agree with what Happy has said. More people are trying it out of boredom of WoW than any merit the game itself has. So pretty much the same reasons people (like myself) touted WAR as a good game until the honeymoon was over.

But you see, while Darkfall is indeed a heaping pile of shit of a game, it is also a very unique and in many ways revolutionary heaping pile of shit of a game.

it's not revolutionary at all. technical atrocities excluded, it's original UO in 3D, only it has a huge grind from what i hear, because macroing skills is against the rules (and is enforced).

hahah @ wow arena as 'competitive pvp'

it's the only MMO (aside from guild wars, which is only an MMO by claim) with a format for any semblance of competitive pvp. while it's a mess as far as balance is concerned, it's steps ahead of zerging around in a group and talking trash about ambiguous victories -_-

Last edited:
Jesus, did they just take WoW and stick new character models and (shittier) action icons in there? Almost everything in there looks like a copy+paste from WoW.

Jesus, did they just take WoW and stick new character models and (shittier) action icons in there? Almost everything in there looks like a copy+paste from WoW.

Oh shit they didn't reinvent the wheel?

There is not much room for originality in fantasy MMOs, imo. Only room for convenience (in which wow excels, imo) and catering to the masses (again wow).

Back