Shooting on VA Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's easy to criticize but when you realize that two hours passed in between the first and the second shootings something should have been done.

About a week ago they locked down the 4 closest schools to my house because one of the nearby HS students ran from and was being sought by the police. During the lockdown, the local alert system called all of the homes in the area letting them know that a 'dangerous' individual was being sought.

Something like this could have saved all of these lives. What I don't get is why during that two hour window, that the school wasn't locked down and the place crawling with police(it may have been but no eye witness reports indicate this). They simply had no idea where he went after the first shooting and should have assumed he was still there, they seriously couldn't afford not to do so. They didn't and the price was high.

In defense of the police and the university, they could not have imagined that a domestic dispute-style killing would turn into what unfolded. Its easy to just crush these guys but goddamn its just not preventable. If you don't know where he is at, what do you do other than search your ass off? Everything pointed to a guy killing the two and getting the hell outta dodge. Every tragedy is made worse when the media, and us as consumers of said media, rush to assign blame rather than comfort those who have to BURY THEIR KIDS this week. Kids man, its different when you have one of your own and you think about this shit. We watch reporters taking shots at the police and the administration and its like they are on trial, but it took the actions of a crazy motherfucker to put them in this position. Its a sad tragedy, but its sensationalized so much that the focus on what should be taking place in the aftermath is lost.

I hadn't heard that. link?

i havent heard that either...did he use the steam tunnels?? Holy hell that could explain the 2 hour difference...crawling around the steam tunnels.

edit: didn't realze this was a joke. However, for those of you that don't know VT has a series of steam tunnels that run all around (under) campus. It is possible that someone could use these to get around campus. Kids do it all of the time.

Last edited:
The more I read about this the more surreal it gets. I picture myself there and what if anything I would have done. I would like to picture myself as being superman and flying to the aid of others but when you really look at it would you, or just stand there. Regardless its stupid someone did this.

Looking her up on facebook showed that she is from Annandale, VA. Can you link to your sources?

My bad, she had family up there...

Teen With Local Ties Killed in Virginia Tech Shooting
Last Update: Apr 17, 2007 12:20 AM

Blacksburg, VA. - The shooting spree in the Virginia Tech campus has claimed 33 lives, including that of the shooter. Among the dead, a freshman with family in the Rochester area.

Mary Read was in a French class when the gunman opened fire in a classroom building, just after nine this morning.

Read’s grandparents, Dave and Kate, are from Macedon. She has an Aunt Mary Courtney, in Palmyra. Also an Aunt and Uncle in Rochester, Karen and Ted Kuppinger. Ted is a Lieutenant in the Rochester Fire Department.

It was a joke...... Read a few pages back when Juggs was talking about how long it gets from building to building (which takes 10 mins) someone said it was because he tunneled underground.

Yeah, which almost sounds possible when you take into account him being chinese. LOL watch a few days from now they find an elaborate underground tunnel.

wow

people got shot

who the fuck really cares

i've seen this forum make jokes and photoshops about 9/11, but some college kids getting shot is fucking SERIOUS BUSINESS

Apparently he was busy chaining the doors up at the other building.

I'm curious how the 'person of interest' fits in here. Did the police initially arrest the 'person of interest' thinking that he was the shooter, when in fact, he wasn't?

Both the press conferences were cryptic and confusing on that matter and the police response seems to point in that direction.

This conflicts with the information that the police had (and shared at the conf.) that the gunman was on the run, that they believed he was no longer on campus.

I would like to know the details on this information, maybe the info came from the person of interest? nothing adds up.

No, it's just George Bush who doesn't care about black people.

jomo, the shooter is the symptom of the problem. The problem is what created the shooter. Jack Thompson says it's video games. My girlfriend says it's society. I say it's probably people riding the elevator for less than 3 floors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back