Shooting on VA Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
juggs, a college campus at 7am is kind of like a graveyard at midnight, there's nobody fucking there. Why on earth do you think 200 people watched him gun down two people. Chances are only 2 people from his floor were even awake when the gunshots went off, if any of them were even in the dorm

ok, so at 7 in the morning...what kind of foot traffic is happening.

And lets say that at 7 in the morning, you kill 2 people..would there be enough people around to see you do it? to make a positive id?

And if you looked around and saw a couple hundred people looking your way after you just blew a hole through a couple of your school chums...would you briskly walk in a straight line to the place where you plan on popping off the 3-4 clips per weapon you have in your pockets?

I'm just saying that, yeah, the average student may walk that in very little time, but the average student doesnt have 2 smoking pistols in his pocket and a good portion of an entire 800+ person dorm pointing the local cops in his direction

haha at 7 AM on any college campus there isn't much foot traffic. I went to work at 7 am and I can say that I could walk the entire way across campus without seeing any students (except for the Corps of Cadets doing drills on the upper quad). Occasionally there would be some people walking here or there, but for the most part its pretty vacant. I doubt the majority in that dorm heard a thing.

juggs, a college campus at 7am is kind of like a graveyard at midnight, there's nobody fucking there. Why on earth do you think 200 people watched him gun down two people. Chances are only 2 people from his floor were even awake when the gunshots went off, if any of them were even in the dorm
i don't think juggs ever went to college

I don't think Juggs knows what a dorm is like. More than likely this dude rushed into the room with the girl, shot her, and then either the RA heard the noise and came to check it out, or the RA was in the vicinity and just got killed because they were too close. But dorms are separate rooms, and assuming this building is brick or stone, like a lot of dorms, the sound probably echoed a bit, freaking people out, but not likely sounding in such a way that the source could be easily identified by most of the dorm residents.

hey link_ any word on the official list? Im still hoping/praying that my friend is just a giant miscommunication.

hey link_ any word on the official list? Im still hoping/praying that my friend is just a giant miscommunication.

Not that I know of. They said they will probably release it tomorrow at the earliest. :shrug: This is incredibly gay.

link, although it really sucks for students trying to locate friends, it really seems like they have a duty to locate their families first. I mean, i know it sucks, but it's the right thing to do, you don't want someone's girlfriend calling up a dead guy's mom crying about how he's dead and mom doesn't even know yet

Some people probably just thought someone dropped something. I'm sure none of them hear gunshots on a regular basis and probably assumed it was something else. Only a few people probably noticed and alerted authorities.

link, although it really sucks for students trying to locate friends, it really seems like they have a duty to locate their families first. I mean, i know it sucks, but it's the right thing to do, you don't want someone's girlfriend calling up a dead guy's mom crying about how he's dead and mom doesn't even know yet

I completely agree. I just feel like "How the #@$^@ can a parent not know by now?!" God knows everyone with a cell phone had it ringing off the hook from friends, family, grandmas, and grandpa's ect. I don't really mind the way they are doing it, but it just makes the nail biting waiting part really stressful.

yeah tell me about it. I'm hoping that my old neighbor is just a giant miscommunication but I've heard from 2 different and distinct sources otherwise.

He was a engineering grad student too :(

Some people probably just thought someone dropped something. I'm sure none of them hear gunshots on a regular basis and probably assumed it was something else. Only a few people probably noticed and alerted authorities.

It was said early on in an interview that the *thud* sound they heard at the first shooting sounded like someone jumping or falling out of a bunk bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back